Desolation Update

Been to 2 freighters.
One had spitter-critters & the other I managed to sneak through without bursting any nests but I took out 2 glowy green jellyfish thingys hovering around a nest, that I suspected of being unfriendly.

These wrecks offer a lot of extra gametime & I’m loving the spooky feel.
Kind of funny the way the scrap trader has set up camp in the space station lobby.

New freighter-storage inventory shuffle is very welcome, as is the now upgradable freighter storage.

Did note that the on-freighter teleporting is one way. Out only.

Downside to this update is my very complex freighter (PS4 Legacy Save) is struggling to load & leaving me stranded with ‘lost’ corridors.
I did manage to get it to pop in by accessing my storage vault inventory and shuffling things about then moving forward into the blocked corridor. Gave it time to think…
Same thing occurred in my newer not-as-complex game but it fixed itself after a bit of running back & forth.
Hopefully this gets sorted in a patch…

In general though, I’m really enjoying this update. Great fun!

4 Likes

Thanks! I did not realize there is now a second list in the Capital Ship Research terminal. Each color is 5000 nanites.
After checking it out, I predict many will ask for some changes. The colorization only affects certain parts of the Freighter and the color effect is not always true.

4 Likes

I just discovered that the cost of freighter locations gets very expensive, very quickly.
10m for my second one & 20m for a third.
There’s no way I’ll make that back scooping up trash and capsules.

4 Likes

The colour changes seem to be a bit glitchy at the moment. Not just on the freighters the appearance modifiers a bit wonky too, I can’t change head colour on korvax helmet.

3 Likes

I always found that the ambient colour in a system would change the colour of my freighter and ships.

2 Likes

In my mission i had a combo. The one eyed critters in containers, i did not shoot the pustules to release any so not sure what type would of spawned.

And the jellyfish was a surprise as it was just the one, at the last room right at the end.

3 Likes

Don’t forget your free one from Helios on the Anomaly. The Derelict Freighters can also be found by chance when pulse jetting

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got the unchangable all-black Eye of the Korvax helmet too. My freighter is still generally it’s original black/red color, but the red is noticeably duller. I haven’t seen anyone else mention this yet, but all Korvax planetary buildings are dark metallic for me now. They look particularly bad on the inside. Oh well, gotta expect those new bugs with every significant release.

3 Likes

Have you successfully gotten one from Helios? He didn’t offer me any, and I’ve seen others say the same. I just went and bought one from the scrapper. My first mission had only tech adversaries except for a single jellyfish like @kliktrak, which I walked into face first at the start. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Yeah @Argh - me to - i went straight to Nexus to Helios and nothing - back to scrap trader to fork out the 5bars .

hoping that its a part of the first time “tutorial” to introduce the scrap trader mechanics etc

Will try again today

3 Likes

It resets daily (according to the patch notes) but its hard not to spend up & have another go :grin:
Luckily, we have a few saves between us to utilise.
I died on my last one: Letting fly with the Plasma Launcher in confined spaces didn’t go to plan. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

cool - yeah on my first try I was very cautious and not ready to experiment with grenades in such enclosed space :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also getting used to the new MultiTool weapon firing mechanics - I use the pulse rifle still and it was shooting in bursts and not the continuous fire I am used to

The personal shield comes in very handy now :slight_smile:

Keen to try the scatter blaster for some shotgun action

4 Likes

Weekly, actually:

Each week, Iteration Helios offers a free Emergency Broadcast Receiver.

It feels a lot more responsive, but I think the spread has been reduced a bit. In these closed confinements it’s fun to use, though.
Now, if only any of the enemies would actually pose a threat. I know I’m pretty well decked out, but those things would have had to chew on me for minutes to get my shield down if I just stood there and did nothing. That’s on survival mode, by the way.

4 Likes

Weekly, actually:
Each week, Iteration Helios offers a free Emergency Broadcast Receiver.

Yes thanks @jedidia - hehehe guess we read what we wanted to hear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ok so i guess no more giving away fusion igniters in the nexus…time to put the 3 comma club to good use :crazy_face:

And agree it was more “chilled” horror, than chilling horror …perhaps they starting us off easy - I wonder if the difficulty levels increase the more missions you do ?

4 Likes

“Emergency Broadcast Receivers are expensive and may escalate in accordance with demand. Prices reset each day.”

“Each week, Iteration Helios offers a free Emergency Broadcast Receiver.”

3 Likes

New shiny things.

7 Likes

You may need to have data (creature data I think?) to share with Helios in exchange for the info

2 Likes

New quicksilver items? Hmm… This is interesting.

2 Likes

Helios did ask me for planetary data, which I gave for the usual nanite reward. I think I saw a reddit post confirming that you need to do your first mission from the scrap dealer before Helios’ weeklies become available.

4 Likes

I’m not a combat freak (more of an NMS pacifist), but just the new play and photo possibilities of this make me quiver with anticipation for when I can free up time to play again.

Now if they’d only enhance photo mode and the torch (coverage and beam intensity)…
:smiley:

5 Likes