Culinary Delights

Wasn’t sure what category to place this in, but

Please share here your screenshots of harvest-able wild plants and their products (roots, herbs, spices? ), as well as meats, or other cooking ingredients. :drooling_face:
For example:

Roots:

Meats:

Perhaps we could add recipes here, too? Or a separate thread for those? What do you think? :thinking:

added this link

7 Likes

Root Crop
sweet%20root !

Field Crop
Wheat
beans

8 Likes

Perhaps recipes in a separate place? @TravelEcho Perhaps change this title to Culinary Ingredients? There is some confusion in a post below. (oh well, we can put it all here for now, lol)

4 Likes

Yes. "BEYOND Culinary Delights: Recipes " would keep the two food threads together, I think.

If I had any I would post them. Maybe some other players who have some recipes might start that thread.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Grahberry is my fave so far. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I dunno, ‘Culinary Delights’ I took to include recipes.

It’s certainly now given me an incentive to actively hunt predators, though you don’t seem able to scan and harvest anything from what a predator’s just killed.

You can have 100 veg (and meat probably) in a freighter slot, which seems kind of skinny when you can store 9,999 cadmium ingots in your exocraft cargo.

So I’m just mooching about systems seeing what ingredients I can forage for my projected Restaurant at the End of the Universe, which the centre of the Hesperius Dimension pretty much is.

Pirates, I dare you to scan my cargo and find something valuable in a consignment of frozen tubers!

6 Likes

Why store food in a freighter when you get a whole separate inventory for it? You just gotta build the nutrient processor.

Also some other food shots. I like the sound of “crunchy caramel” :drooling_face:

7 Likes

Here are some using the Nutrient Processor

Carbon → Creature Pellet
Heptaploid Wheat (or Glass Grains) → Refined Flour
Impulse Beans → Bittersweet Cocoa
Pulpy Roots → Root Juice
Sweet Root or Grahberry → Processed Sugar
Feline Liver or Meaty Chunks → Processed Meat
Faecium → Wild Yeast (my favorite so far, yum)
Fireberry → Fire Water
Jade Peas (or Hexberry) → Steamed Vegetables
Frozen Tubers → Steamed Vegetables
Solanium → Solartillo
StarBulb → Pilgrimberry
Sticky Honey → Synthetic Honey
Milk → Cream
Gamma Weed → Sievert Beans
Frost Crystal → Glass Grains
Chromatic Metal → Silicon Egg

Wild Yeast & Refined Flour → Dough
Dough → Bread
Jade Peas & (Pulp Root or Impulse Beans or Sweet Root) → Fibrous Stew
Fireberry & Faecium → Fermented Fruit
Jade Peas & Faecium → Scented Herbs
Solartillo & Fire Water → Scorching Sauce
Processed Meat & Processed Meat → Mystery Stew
Scorching Sauce & Mystery Stew → Spicy Fleshballs
Pilgrimberry & Pilgrimberry → Pilgrim’s Tonic
Feline Liver & Feline Liver → Stewed Organs
Steamed Veggies x2 → Flavorsome Sauce

9 Likes

Yes. That was what I was thinking, too.

And you can only have stacks of 50 meats in inventory. Same for veggies?

4 Likes

Insert disgusting toilet humour joke here. :rofl:

6 Likes

How did you get a 25 slot one? Mine is only like 12

3 Likes

Uhhhh…good question? I have no idea, I don’t think its upgradeable. That’s just the way it came for me.

Maybe because its at my base? Or maybe its linked to exosuit slots?

So setting aside how gross that is, what could possibly have inspired you to process that?

8 Likes

The cupboards were bare…

Cronos Ramsey is not easy to please…but this is the guy you want to see. Perhaps he holds the key to upgrading our Nutrient Processor.

12 Likes

Besides the technology merchants behind Nada and Polo, this is the only new alien at the anomaly to do more than talk to me or tell me to come back later.

He was not pleased with the heptaloid wheat I gave him. (before I realized the existence of the nutrient processor. )

5 Likes

Still not sure how this works. I took bread and stew but he only wanted raw ingredients…which I had no quality control over.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Ha ha. I gave him some scaly meat. He said it was the worst thing he’d ever tasted.

I think I’ll try him with some faecium.

8 Likes

I brought the guy crunchy caramel and anomalous jam. He didn’t care for either.

I found 2 new plants. The first is “aloe flesh” and the second is “hexaberry” (my new favorite).

8 Likes

Oh, do get back to us with his response. LOL

4 Likes