Cooking Catalogue

So I know I am resurrecting a long dead zombie thread here, but it came up on my search for “No Man’s Sky Food” and the information was useful…and I have something to add.

This does not meet the “no gathering required” criteria, but I think it is something almost everyone would consider worth doing. That is, almost everyone that pops eggs at abandoned buildings to get units, which I think most people do at least now and then.

Cooking larval sacs into omelettes can add almost 50% to their value. A stack of five sacs worth about 350,000 units becomes five parasitic omelettes (best I have found so far) worth over 500,000 units with a minimal effort. The time invested in the 150,000 improvement is very small compared to the time invested in gathering the sacs in the first place, so this just seems too good to pass up. Plus, while my standard cargo slot only holds five sacs it looks like it will hold fifty omelettes. I haven’t filled it yet so that may be off a bit.

To make parasitic omelettes cook faecium into yeast and whatever milk is convenient that cooks into protocream into that. Protomilk or Craw Milk both work. Cook the yeast and protocream together to make protocheese, then cook that with the larval sacs.

Regular cream made from wild milk processes the same way but makes whispering omelettes. They are also a good profit over the raw larval sacs and it is worth doing if you have no access to better milk.

4 Likes