Capitalist Ambitions - How To Make Money in 1.3?

I’m glad you see the logic in searching for best price being futile when you miss out on many a harvest. I have the same argument with family members when they talk about driving an hour or two out of their way to get petrol 10 cent cheaper… I just can’t comprehend how they cannot see how they’re actually losing money and causing extra pollution at the same time XD

7 Likes

Does anyone know a good system for finding manufacturing facilities?

1 Like

Signal Scanner?

Do ya mean signal booster? It used to but doesn’t give the option now, I’ve had it as a steal item mission but wanted to know if there was another way?

Ah, yes, you’re right. I just built one to check. They’ve changed it since I last used one. What rascals HG are.

1 Like

If you have a science ship and scan one on foot, when scanning again from your ship, you will be directed to another…?

1 Like

In not sure the type of ship matters, if you scan any building on foot any others will show up as white circles when you get near them in your ship. This helps when finding other buildings but would be nice if there were different icons for different buildings. Could someone tell me if there is a way of searching for manufacturing facilities using any of the vehicles with a scanner installed

1 Like

With the ship, though, you get a red/white icon pointing you to either another factory or abandoned building.
*or used to…

1 Like

I don’t think it does that anymore :pensive:

1 Like

Ok so I was un either an observatory or transmission tower (it may work in both) and after speaking with the vykeen there I spoke with him again and it gave me the option to ask for directions, he then highlighted a manufacturing facility! :+1:

1 Like

If it’s not too much trouble could you give me the specifics of your base? How many biodomes you have? How many plants of each kind etc?

I just finished my base’s missions and i’m thinking about setting up a farm to make some money and get me a freighter before i go on so i’d like some help with that. thanks in advance!

Yup you can now ask all NPCs for directions after doing the first interaction with them (just talk to them again after it) and they usually point to manufacturing facilities and command centres, sometimes trading posts and shelters :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is my latest version. I’ve rebuilt it four or five times now. This version doesn’t produce as much as the earlier ones, but it’s much easier to manage. The older ones were hard work.

Indoor plants are currently;
106 Gamma Root
32 Coprite

Outdoors there are:
70 Frostwort

7 Likes

Are those Storage Containers placed within or outside of Base boundary? I had seen a video before where they were placed outside the boundary, using a trick with connecting them to Cuboid Rooms. As a result, they would then not count towards the build limit. I have tried this on PC in current version, but not been able to achieve this. So just curious if you somehow did manage or not.

1 Like

They’re inside, unfortunately. Storage containers were one of the things I left out of the higher production build, which made everything more difficult.

The Geobays are just outside the base area, though.

1 Like

Ah Geobays, I never even thought of placing them outside, which would allow me to pretty up my current place some more, thanks for mentioning those :smile:

1 Like

Winter is here :wink:

5 Likes

Could put storage containers in your frieghter?

Perhaps. But what created the difficulty (well, some of it) with my earlier version was that there wasn’t adequate storage space on-site, so I was constantly running around putting stuff in odd places, and collecting it from others. I suspect having storage on my freighter would be just as difficult.

Some of the design choices in my current base cost me quite a lot of possible production, but they make life easier. And it still makes around 11 million per harvest.

1 Like

Yeah I see what you mean, while I do have my storage containers on my freighter it is annoying to keep going into space, on the plus side I can take my stored stuff with me, however I will probably do as you’ve done to save frustration