Can't recruit Industrial Frigates

I can see the neutral industrial frigates, but there is no green icon on them and I can’t pick up their radio frequency. I only have one and I want more really bad :,(

3 Likes

Not every frigate out there is looking for a job. You’ll just have to search around until you find one looking for a new employer.

3 Likes

I don’t know, this really feels like a bug. Every single other frigate is looking for a job. I’ve been specifically looking for an industrial for two weeks and can’t find a single one.

3 Likes

It doesn’t appear to be a consistent phenomenon. For me it seems more difficult to find support frigates, though they and industrial ones do seem less common than the other three overall. I wonder if the economy type of the system might have some influence on what types of frigates might be available for hire…

2 Likes

Sometimes, it seems to be the area of space you are in. Maybe check the types of systems. Try warping away. Sometimes I follow the Galactic Core path for a while and find different results.
Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

I just found three industrial frigates all together, and still none of them are for sale, yet I can buy basically every frigate of the other types. Literally no industrial frigates in the game are for sale for me. In every system. No matter what. This is 100% a glitch.

4 Likes

I have tried other systems near me. Tomorrow I will try to warp far away like you suggested.

3 Likes

I had a similar thing happen before BEYOND. I could not buy any combat frigates. I did manage to find 2 after warping far away.
Hope it works.

3 Likes

Warping helped! Thank you, interloper! I don’t know if this is a feature or a bug but it definitely gave me a few extra grey hairs. Thanks again sheralmyst

4 Likes