Calie earthquakes

here is the map of shakes since it has started:

7 Likes

Aftermath of the 7.1 earthquake today on HWY 178. The Hwy is closed stay safe everyone. photo credit Lisa Brunson Walker

6 Likes

Lots a lotta shakinā€™ even for CAā€¦hope it doesnā€™t lead to ā€˜the Big Oneā€™. Didnā€™t think much of the 6 pointer from the day before but then the 7 pointer hitā€¦I hope it calms down and doesnā€™t trigger any quakes further up the faults.

2 Likes

there is a lot os discussion going on that this indicates the ā€œBIG ONEā€, i don;t think it will happen, :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Oh man, im looking at this in Arizona, but that weird uneasy feeling gets me a little bit. Im not a trucker anymore, decided to take a brake in February. I havent been on that particular highway (178) but damn close. I would usually be travelling south on 395 Three Flags Hwy and just bypass downtown Ridgecrest. I always had that in the back of my mind heading into LA, if it happens while Im here, I may not be able to get home when I want too. And I hated being stuck in traffic under an overpass. Come on people, lets move now, lotsa concrete and steel hanging over me whewwww.

3 Likes

Sounds like a good idea. When youā€™re spelling ā€œbreakā€ as ā€œbrakeā€, you might indeed be spending too much time in a truckā€¦ :laughing:

3 Likes

A Freudian slip, I am sureā€¦:grin:

4 Likes

Given Freudā€™s belief that all the ills of humanity were due to sexual repression, a Freudian slip is probably an underskirt.

5 Likes

I was going to type Semi- Retired and decided that is just getting wore out by now. So, the last thing I did in that truck was use the brake, and thats just what I needed.
@sheralmyst @Polyphemus, Oh my god, is my slip showing? :rofl:

The good news is Cali has not had another major quake.

4 Likes