BEYOND has released! (plus patches)

That’s what I am starting to think it means too, but can you “see” anything on my ship when I have upgraded my launch thrusters or my shield, or my weapons?

Ive got an old save with a heavily equiped ship but no sign of cosmetic changes.
I think the text is a placeholder whoopsie for a soon to come update.

4 Likes

BEYOND is the foundation…That’s what SM said. :smiley:

4 Likes

Not sure where to post this info. I started last years save when the ECSD Hub was active and space in general, ie: location of stars, has not changed, planet names did not change. The ECSD is still there on PC Normal. I must be lucky, (havent been to Nexus yet) I am have zero issues so far. Getting used to the changes, taking it real slow. Anyway, there ya go for anyone curious about the old ECSD. Still a line of stars and still named.

8 Likes
5 Likes

30 MB size

1 Like

Was 100 MB for me…

1 Like

Update version 2.06E now avaialable on PC

Bug fixes

• Fixed a networking issue that could cause bad data to be synced between ambient players.
  • Fixed a compatibility issue with a specific revision of nVidia drivers.
6 Likes

Update version 2.06F now live for PC

Bug fixes

• Vulkan-1.dll with workaround for some AMD driver issues.
1 Like

AMD user here.
Stop HG.
Graphics were beautiful but now…
First, grass stopped rendering too close for my likes
Now rounded mushrooms turn to sharp polygons as soon as I start backing away
Trees and grass are popping in and out
Blech…do not derp it for the sake of low end machines…
I was not having issues, now I am

1 Like

This should probably be reported to zendesk. It may not be intentional.

1 Like

Another experimental fix…will check it out…:grimacing:

My worst nightmares…NMS will not start. Reported to HG

2 Likes

Update version 2.06G live for PC:

Bug fixes

• Fix for a matchmaking threading crash.
  • Prevention of players orphaned in a lobby.
  • Dynamically limit base building limits to allow some very large bases to load in more situations.
  • Adjust GFX memory budgets to improve stability.
3 Likes

Patch 2.07 is out for consoles and includes all previously released fixes. (PS4 & Xbox One)

Bug fixes

• Reduce texture quality if it is causing an out of memory error.
  • Revert to the non-device-local heap in low memory situations.
  • Removed misleading version number from main menu.
  • Fix to prevent issues with base ownership.
  • Fix for freighter crash related to corrupt ship slot.
  • Fixed a networking issue that could cause bad data to be synced between ambient players.
  • Fix for a matchmaking threading crash.
  • Prevention of players orphaned in a lobby.
  • Dynamically limit base building limits to allow some very large bases to load in more situations.
  • Don’t let the VR player punch in places they aren’t allow to use weapons.
6 Likes

That’d mean something to me if I knew how to melee with the move controls :joy: I swear I’ve tried everything haha. I just want to melee jetpack boost in VR :cry:

3 Likes

Is my brand-new-since-beyond save bugged or is there a lack of dialogue options now in stations?

Before the aliens would ask or tell you something and you had to reply or give something in return. Now the only option is “Learn language”, “Practice language”.

I am not a VR player, but @BoomstickJoe mentioned that it is possible to melee boost with a well timed outstretching of both arms (like superman).

4 Likes

I know it’s frowned upon to reply in just spammed emojis but…

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Also fresh out of likes so have some phantom hearts :two_hearts: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

5 Likes

The old encounters are still there, they have just been spread out. It’s all kind of a leftover from before when there were maybe two NPCs at a space station, back then that made sense. But when they were increased to a rather significant number in Next, you already got a great deal of them just with stock options very similar to what we have now (learn language, ask for location, things like that), but also a fair amount still with the old encounters. As a result, you burned through the encounters pretty fast.

Now the encounters in the space stations seem to be rarer, making them more special again, but they’re still there, don’t worry.

4 Likes

Came across my first few last night on a space station, really does make them that more special. Also love that you’re not charged anymore for an exchange of language and culture, and the categorical word choice is a nice touch :slight_smile: it’s made talking to NPCs a lot more enjoyable

6 Likes