BEYOND has released! (plus patches)

Been in game, have not called the nexus on the new game yet, look up, damn 3 hours gone by lol

5 Likes

When it hits PS4 Iā€™ll fire up my new save and my partial and see how they goā€¦
Iā€™ll report back in the Some Crash Reports thread once Iā€™ve dived in for a while.

3 Likes

Itā€™s live on the Xbox

4 Likes

Live on PS4 (2.05)
717.2MB

6 Likes

From Steam:

Update to Experimental Branch 16/08

• Reduce texture quality if it is causing an out of memory error.
  • Donā€™t let the VR player punch in places they arenā€™t allow to use weapons.
  • Revert to the non-device-local heap in low memory situations.
  • Removed misleading version number from main menu.
3 Likes

To those wondering about ship customisation, I believe its definitely on the way. I think they let it slip a bit in the beyond update patch notes. I canā€™t remember where it is exactly but when discussing the nexus features one of the bulletpoints mentioned "players can show off their customised ships to eachother " or something along those lines.

4 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

2.06B Now live on PS4 / Xbox One :link:

• Improved localisation.
  • Fixes for more rare crashes in Nexus.
  • Fixes for performance issues within the Nexus and Trading Posts.
  • Fixes buffer in flight memory issues during loading.
  • Reduced maximum base node count to allow very large bases to load better.
  • Reduce render memory usage to improve stability in high watermark situations.
  • Fix crash for older chipsets without SSE support.
  • Fix cockpit screens and render targets from not rendering after precise Alt-Tab issue.
  • Increase safety around alt-tab and windowing.
  • Fix for crash during some factory interactions.
  • Improve stability around freighters in multiplayer.

2.06C Now live on PC :link:

• Reduce texture quality if it is causing an out of memory error.
  • Donā€™t let the VR player punch in places they arenā€™t allow to use weapons.
  • Revert to the non-device-local heap in low memory situations.
  • Removed misleading version number from main menu.
4 Likes

Beware of 2.06c!!! The graphics, :nauseated_face: I was not having any out of memory errorsā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s good that I canā€™t even play till the 20th. Perhaps weā€™ll be BEYOND several issues. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
6 Likes

I seen that. That gave me the impression that it was going to be out on the 14th but I think they want to work out the kinks first and then release the rest at the same time as the weekly missions start up again. Thatā€™s just my educated guess from basic evidence from how Next had a delay in the weekly missions as they worked out bugs. Alsoā€¦

(beware of spoilers for those who havent seen the basics of the Nexus yet)

ā€¦the current quicksilver bot has the same items, which its obvious they intended to fill it up with more items. Also, currently there is no way to get quicksilver at the moment. Plus, there are NPCā€™s in booths at the Nexus that can be interacted with donā€™t do anything much but brush you off gently with some dialog. I can be very wrong, and i dont want to get anyones hopes up if i am wrong, but one of these might be a ship customisation guy?

2 Likes

Gameplay restoredā€¦

Think it had to do with graphics and video settings , i am on an older pc (gtx950m and i5)

Between patches and settings tweaking i got performance to solid level now can focus on and enjoy the game and all the new beyond goodness :grinning::man_dancing:

3 Likes

How / where can we customise our ships?
The ā€˜latest patch notesā€™ on the NMS website say ā€œThis unique communal space [nexus] exists across all systems and galaxies, giving all explorers an opportunity to see each othersā€™ character and ship customisationsā€¦ā€ Am I missing something here? I take that to mean I can customise my ship just like I can customise my exocraft, is that correct?

2 Likes

Yes. The latest update really threw my graphics off a cliff. Had to reset to default, restart, tweak, restart. All good now but, I notice my grass rendering stops at a much closer distance. I was not having problems before and the game was already smooth. Oh well. I have to say Vulkan has done a fabulous job of increasing fps in windows.

3 Likes

This doesnā€™t necessarily mean cosmetic changes. It may as well refer to technology load-out.

3 Likes

I wonder how many ppl are playing?

8 Likes

Billions of people! :grin:

5 Likes

I do like this new tech.

8 Likes

It was 52,000 earlier today - just on steam

8 Likes