BEYOND has released! (plus patches)

Finishing up at work and diving into Beyond. Debating making a new save as well and then jumping back in to old save since I’m quite a bit over 100 hours on that save. I say this everytime and stick to the new one but I want to see the difference as well. What have most of you done?

3 Likes

Both.
Experimented with older save and found it prone to repeat crashes (ps4 normal offline non-vr)
Started a fresh save and quite enjoying a trouble free run so far.
Recommend avoiding your old save until issues are fixed.

6 Likes

Solid advice, I will be starting fresh and see where it goes. Establishing a money making routine was what was most difficult for me but with Beyond I feel it will be different. Preparing PSVR as I write this!

EDIT: Today has been busier than expected, still have not played yet it is killing me

3 Likes

Hoo boys! dunwanna know what my 3-story farm w/two landing pads mid-story will look like now…

1 Like

Wow, that took awhile. I was asleep still when download started and just now finished. I gotta be curious and start with my old save. If too many issues, a brand new start for a brand new 2.0

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: BEYOND 3xperimental

i started a new game. Got my pre-order ship Omega up and going.
The system i was in had no space port.
Jumped to a new system and only one planet was good, which i am currently on.
Ice world I started on.
Quest took me to a radioactive planet.
the 4 other planets that i’ve been to or is in the present system are exotic planets.
so far no crash.

3 Likes
5 Likes

BEYOND PATCH 2.05

August 15, 2019.

Hello everyone,

Thank you again to everyone playing Beyond, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.

We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of stability issues. Fixes for these were released on Steam experimental last night, and this patch, 2.05, is now live on PC. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes

• Fix for crashes occurring in the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed a number of issues causing some players to experience low framerate after visiting the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed a rendering related crash.
  • Fixed an out of memory crash.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when manipulating inventory in close proximity to a high number of players.
  • Fixed a crash affecting VR with supersampling enabled.
  • Fixed a situation where network connectivity issues could prevent players from speaking to NPCs aboard the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed an issue where storage containers could not be accessed.
  • Fixed a crash affecting unsupported VR hardware.

We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,
Hello Games

4 Likes

Can confirm Traveller Cronus is Space Gordon Ramsey. XD

4 Likes

Wow! Nexus is working great! Everyone going about their business…

…now, where did I park?! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

(Might be a spoiler below)

Most of us know that ship and multitool customization(cosmetic) was found in the games code by dataminers, but does anyone know if Beyond has it yet? I haven’t found anything on it. There are some NPCs at the Nexus that you can talk to but dont do anything.

5 Likes

Have not heard but if not there now then prolly in the near future. :grinning:

4 Likes

Your probably right. I did notice the following:

(Might be a spoiler below)

-the quicksilver bot has the same items, nothing has changed. This is likely because as soon as the bugs are worked out, the weekly stuff will start back up again.
-some NPCs in booths at the Nexus can be interacted with but they dont do anything yet but give some short dialog. This also miiigghhtttt be because it is content that will be later added. Mayyybbeee, just maybe, one of these guys will offer the ship cosmetic customizations? Just a wild guess.

5 Likes

They definitely seemed like placeholders. They looked too cool not to have significance nor purpose.

3 Likes

Whew im really battling on PC (no VR), have started a new game, controller functions and menus, and almost impossible to melee jump, everything getting going again is very tedious.

See you all again in some weeks or months when I’m up to speed.

:sleepy:

4 Likes

Melee boost is intact.
I started a new save for the lore. Still playing my old save though. Much better today. Nexus is fixed. Power up and running. Nothing like having to change your ways. Refreshing! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I agree. Too good to just be background noise. They have to serve some sort of greater purpose. Being that they stand in booths, likely related buying/selling or accepting/turning in missions.

3 Likes

EDIT: Not sure what that patch was supposed to do but my guns on my ship now sound like pea shooters. pppffffttttt…

7 Likes

Newest from Steam Expermental:

Update to Experimental Branch 15/08

• Improved localisation.
  • Fixes for more rare crashes in Nexus.
  • Fixes for performance issues within the Nexus and Trading Posts.
  • Fixes buffer in flight memory issues during loading.
  • Reduced maximum base node count to allow very large bases to load better.
  • Reduce render memory usage to improve stability in high watermark situations.
  • Fix crash for older chipsets without SSE support.
  • Fix cockpit screens and render targets from not rendering after precise Alt-Tab issue.
  • Increase safety around alt-tab and windowing.
  • Fix for crash during some factory interactions.
  • Improve stability around freighters in multiplayer.
4 Likes