BEYOND has released! (plus patches)

I rescued a freighter right after the update - C class, and had 6 tech slots, so it looks like it is affecting freighters before the patch but not after.

Edit: I reported it

7 Likes

Loving it, the polish and multiple small QoL enhancementsā€¦taking a brilliant game into no-superlative-does-justice next level territory. @hellogames FTW.

(https://twitter.com/Richard_A_Smith/status/1200402912498900992?s=03)

4 Likes

From Hello Games:

PC patch 2.22

Patch Notes

• Fixed an issue where some HUD markers could stop working after warping.
  • Fixed an issue where planetary charts could be acquired for free.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from being able to get out of the Terrain Manipulator Create Mode.
  • Fixed a number of visual issues with the Personal Refiner in first person.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause ships to float above the ground when starting a new game.
  • Fixed an issue that could remove discoveries from the savegame when joining players in other galaxies.
  • Fixed an issue that caused ships to be the wrong price when purchased after ignoring the cargo transfer warning.
  • Fixed an issue that caused black holes to always send player to the Euclid galaxy.
  • Fixed a rare freighter-related crash.
  • Fixed an issue which prevented players from joining multiplayer groups on PS4 which had been formed in game.
  • Fixed an issue which caused the HUD to scale incorrectly on XBox One X when running in high performance mode.
  • Fixed a console only softlock when interacting with some NPCs.
  • Fixed a console only issue which prevented Multi-tool inventories from saving.
  • Fixed a rare multiplayer crash on consoles.
  • Fixed a console only issue where some compass markers could stop working after warping.
7 Likes

such an easy way to get back lol that was an excellent FEATURE!!!

8 Likes

Have you tried installing any of the new upgrades to it? Iā€™m still gathering salvaged freighter modules to buy the blueprints, but am also in the same boat as @Temp until the bug is fixed.

The star-color tech is separate from the distance tech now, and thereā€™s not enough slots to install everything. If it doesnā€™t work like starships (ie. where blue also grants red & green access), then thatā€™s gonna mean some very annoying decisions on which tech to install now. :confused:

7 Likes

And gone today:

8 Likes

I just purchased it last night. Hope it hasnā€™t been removed from the game?

6 Likes

I did too. The other three items are still there in my build menu but not the Waveform thing.

6 Likes

I havenā€™t yet, I wasnā€™t ready for new freighter tech and have like 2 of the modules to spend.

6 Likes

Latest update should now also be available on PS4 (Synthesis patch 2.22)

7 Likes

Yeah, the scarcity of salvaged frigate modules is killing me. I spent hours grinding for freighter wrecks yesterday, and only managed to dig up 2 as well. Unlocking just the new tech requires 29! This seems poorly thought-out.

5 Likes

Iā€™m hanging out at the nexus waiting for one to show up as a reward, since I refuse to submit to the tyranny of digging up those blasted crashed freighter wrecks. :joy:

Mind you, t has been four hours and I havenā€™t been glued to it. But usually one has shown up by now.

4 Likes

Apparently, attacking freighters is the only reliable way to get those modules.

7 Likes

It does seem like that, indeed - you can get them from frigate missions and nexus missions as well - luck of the draw there though. Iā€™m told you can average 2 each for those freighters you can buy outright. Ignore their frigates unless you donā€™t mind losing the rep, sentinels will attack also.

Edit: I plan on testing that today, Iā€™ll report back

5 Likes

After 7 warps and checking out 7 freighters, I have 5 of the salvaged frigate modules. Definitely not averaging 2 per, but I am finding one on most of them. Iā€™m not losing any standing by just targeting the freighters, but the sentinels do attack.
If you havenā€™t been a pirate, you may not be aware - the pods tell you what the contents are, so you donā€™t have to go all crazy shooting everything. Just fly close and aim at them.

8 Likes

Can you still land at a station after youā€™ve attacked a freighter? (that sounds like fun)

5 Likes

Yes, and the anomaly as well if you need to get some cover and are too far from a planet or the station.

Edit: if you get the sentinels close enough to you, and dock at the station they sometimes come in and land also, the way pirates sometimes do

7 Likes

I like the Freighterā€™s Matter Beam! Works at least halfway across the galaxy. If Iā€™m out of something in my Exosuit or Cargo and itā€™s also in the Freighterā€™s Inventory then it automatically pulls from there.

9 Likes

I want my Jetpackā€™s duration back.

This should yield more than 5 seconds of melee time.

7 Likes

Yes. I kind of noticed that I was running out more quickly lately. Didnā€™t think to check the upgrades. But when I read this, it clicked!

Now I know why I keep falling and taking damage sooner than I expect. :frowning_face:

7 Likes