BEYOND has released! (plus patches)

Live on all platforms

Edit: not quite all, I’m hearing GOG doesn’t have it yet

5 Likes

Yep - Steam currently downloading 268 Mb. Here we go!

5 Likes

Uh oh… If even Sean thinks the plans are “really big”, I’m not even sure if I have the headspace to accommodate the concept :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes
8 Likes

Yes! The ‘F’ produced 655 nanites that I didn’t know I had.

6 Likes

Interesting… The values of non-trade goods are now much more dynamic in the trade terminal. I just sold a bunch of vortex cubes at +20%. If I remember right, non-trade goods were pretty much always at a minus since Atlas Rises?

6 Likes

Didn’t think much of the discovery page updates. Thought “fix the bugs, not much more you can do with that”. But now when I see the animals there, rendered properly, close up, animated and rotatable, they seem to suddenly have a lot more substance. Didn’t expect to care, yet now I do. Well done HG!

10 Likes

Aaaaand they finally made picked up stuff stack into the cargo inventory if there’s already a stack for it there. The joy is indescribable! :smile:

9 Likes

73 on steam top 100

4 Likes

New item - (for playing tunes) needs an icon!

9 Likes

So we can now only use F to upload discoveries?

Also, HG --please get rid of the new charging mechanism in inventories. --used to be able to click and mouse over to charge an item in inventory. Now it is another added step.

/me no like >:[

I do like other stuff you did though. (More later as I have time to check it out–still have guests) lol

Edit 1: Bought some “distress beacon” Charts. Tried it out and got an abandoned building --thought those were for crashed ships?
Edit 2:
Went there and it was a crashed ship site after all, but with no crashed ship there. sigh

6 Likes

I actually think this is unintended. They made it so you can drag and drop something onto a tech and it charges without having to select the tech first. They might not be aware that they broke the old way of doing it…

If you’re lucky, they are.

Yeah, that one was there for a long time now. It’s a player spawn point. I could kind of get behind a “somebody else was here before” scenario, but the fact that you can activate the beacon and get the text from the start of the game kinda shows that it’s a bug.

5 Likes

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it.

Yeah, I thought it might have something to do with the new drag/drop mechanic. just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing it.

I have only found two crashed ships since I started BEYOND. All other crashed ship sites have been empty for me (and I’ve tried a often–maybe 30 times or more before giving up.)

Wish me luck - :joy:

5 Likes

Uploading Discoveries via XBoxOne controller is broken. I have to scroll with my controller and choose and load items with the keyboard.
And yes, extra step added with the drag and drop.

6 Likes

OK. Three more slots were added to the Freighter’s Technology area. But they aren’t active. Is there a way to make them active (other than manually changing the save file)?

4 Likes

To clarify, are you saying you tried to put upgrades in the slot but the tech slots wouldn’t accept them?

3 Likes

The new slots were not usable. While there are positions for the slots, the slots are not active (no icon that looks like gears in the center). Due to this, it was not possible to use ‘E’, on the PC, to install the new tech.

4 Likes

I noticed this as well. I wonder if we will get be able to modify our Freighters in the same way we can now do with our star ships. ? Would be awesome to be able to pull your freighter into a repair bay or a station like Deep Space 9. :grinning:

6 Likes

I had hoped that the device to alter your Spaceship would also work for the Freighter, but it didn’t for me.

3 Likes

Sean Murray is now gonna cuss out EMILY!!!

The can of worms has been open and now he can’t sleep!!!

lol

5 Likes