BEYOND has released! (plus patches)

I’ll volunteer mine! Of 0 interest to me - but I am looking forward to what others can do with it - good fixes in there as well

4 Likes

We got lights to hook up, what’s keeping the fireworks for the ultimate show?

5 Likes

Players: Want more planets.
HG: Uhm sorry, we got a bit sidetracked from that, so here’s an embedded windows music maker instead… :rofl:

9 Likes

Steam currently downloading 134 Mb.

Letz play sum groovz…

5 Likes

Hi - I started my game play before the update, only got it once I ended for the day…aaaargghhh!

But yeah very interesting and will share asap

4 Likes

For those who are interested, the new parts are found in the Anomaly where you purchase the base building parts.

If you do not feel like hooking up fancy lights etc…no worries. Just set out the Jukebox and choose a random tune. (Don’t forget to plug it in)
There are plenty of settings to tweak. Basic and Advanced.

Created a new thread

8 Likes

What a strange Sim we play in!

We are going to need some new dance moves.
The VR arms and celebration dance just won’t cut it any more. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Well now that I’ve gathered enough salvaged frigate modules, and actually have available tech slots in my old freighter, I grabbed the new upgrades. I can confirm the star-color warp tech does work the same as starships - you only need to install the A-class blue module to reach all the other star colors. :+1:

8 Likes

I was wondering about that. Thank you for the confirmation.

4 Likes

Maybe we need a procedural dance move maker that we can access from inside our character’s exosuit :slight_smile:

With what I have seen able to be done with a Procedural Music Generator, I would think making our characters move by the same tech would be awesome :slight_smile:

5 Likes

HG: How about setting it up so that players can CHOOSE from a list whether to buy or sell!

So now instead of accidentally selling, I am accidentally buying.* Either way sux. But after all this time I EXPECT it to be “SELL”.

(*yeah, I don’t see so good) :joy:

How about fixing the one where you go to change the colour of an item and the blasted thing shifts itself to delete and you delete something important instead. >.>

Thanks for all the good stuff you did fix! :heart:

6 Likes

I thought the exact same thing, why not default to the selection screen BEFORE having made the choice to sell/buy?

Super annoying indeed and has caused me many a reload. Or deleting a wire which then deletes whatever was attached (light/logic). Smart logic, doesn’t always turn out to be as smart … lol

5 Likes

BEYOND recognition

2 Likes
3 Likes

Does that mean the old bugs from 2016 are finally going to be fixed? What a dream that would be!

3 Likes

Or my lost frigate can be put out of its misery?

3 Likes

Dammit, how do they know??

5 Likes

Wasn’t sure where to post this so I figured here would do…

Started a fresh normal mode save today after a considerable amount of time not being able to play more than a snippet since SYNTHESIS.

The start was way easier than back in NEXT with lots of prompts.
Taking advantage of the huge storage, I spent extra time collecting base minerals and poking about on my starter planet before my first ship launch, amassing a respectable amount of necessary materials.
I was surprised to discover that Damaged Machinery doesn’t require minerals to access anymore but rather gives you something instead. That resulted in me receiving two S modules before I’d even left the surface!
I also discovered that Salvage Tech can sometimes just be on the surface now and one always accompanies a Damaged Machinery (although usually buried), which was interesting.
My home system has 5 or 6 planets with most of them being Lush (Starbulb) type worlds.

Is it just me or has NMS suddenly become really easy? As a Day-Oner (with a restart after each of the big updates), I’m a bit blown away at how much is handed to you now, since the Beyond/Synthesis updates.

I’m currently at the point where I’ve had my first intersteller warp and have just learned how to make some Warp Cells. I’m keen to see what other changes make life easier as I go.

10 Likes

I didn’t realize that there was a correlation between damaged machinery and salvaged tech modules. I will pay more attention to this going forward.

As for starting new, I don’t think I would have the heart to start completely over at this point. I would need a serious issue like you described to even consider it. And yes, NMS seems to be getting easier with each update.

5 Likes

I’ve still got my Legacy Save & my Next Permadeath Save.
Over the updates, I’ve had a bit of a go at each altered playthrough but have never gone far before stopping & later deleting.

This time I’m having a crack at a serious but slow playthrough & it is very different from before. Having had a (forced) break has allowed me sufficient time to approach NMS with a fresh mind.

6 Likes