Base Building Creations

Ahum … I managed to add bit more to the pinball machine. It was a pain finding ways to reduce parts once more, but I managed regardless. Don’t even ask me how …

Now there is actually some sort of win state. By activating all the 8 targets, you earn a replay! At that time additional sound plays and on the display it will show ‘REPLAY’, to then disappear again a few seconds later and reset all the targets. I moved the target lights from the player area to the playfield instead (between the two front side bumpers). This makes it even easier to follow progress as you do not have to turn around. I included an extra green light which will stay on when you earned a replay. You can continue to play as long as you still got balls. The reset button will of course still reset everything, to allow a new game.

Some additional tweaks have been made as well as some minor decoration added. I am truly done now and will work on a final video once a location is found. It is actually great fun to play :crazy_face:

10 Likes

Woohoo! You are a genius! :clinking_glasses:

Congratulations! Can’t wait to see the new video. <3

2 Likes

Pinball Magic

Eissentam - PC - Normal
0EF0:0079:07B3:00A0

10 Likes
5 Likes

Experiment for possible future use

An endless teleport loop …

9 Likes

Now if only you could trap a sentinel in it… :grin:

4 Likes

@johnnycloud 's Rehab Center

After finally making my way out, (with help), I think I could use a drink. :smile:

8 Likes

6 Likes

15 Likes

This might be the wrong thread, but is anybody else experiencing that the base radius cannot be extended anymore, and that no ships ever land on your landing pads?

4 Likes

I can still extend my base radius…but…if I save, and leave the area or shut my game down and restart, then the base area is no longer extended. Structures outside still exist, but they’re no longer part of my base.

So, for instance, I used to be able to wire in electricity from more than 300u away. Now I can’t.

And yes, traders no longer land at my landing pads. They circle overhead, but they don’t land. At one base, I even built more pads (4), to encourage them - but they still won’t land.

5 Likes

I have not had any ships land in a while.

4 Likes

Ships don’t even circle mine…they just fly on by.
I don’t really mind, but it makes one a little self conscious…like when everyone in the space station takes off when I come out of the back room.
Perhaps I should take a bath.
I have been in this exosuit for many cycles after all :nose:

8 Likes

Work In Progress.

13 Likes

A short video for a quick way to farm your Biodomes :wink:

9 Likes

Are you switching the teleporters by a timer?

6 Likes

No, I am letting the Floor Switches do most the work, but adding a delay using a single Auto Switch for each (1 tick).

Power goes into Floor Switch, Floor Switch output goes into Auto Switch input as well as Autoswitch signal , which then delays the Autoswitch output which goes to the teleporter.

Quick drawing of the setup:

Note how the teleporter to be activated is alternated, always leaving the other inactive as it is the receiving end. This is required to always face the same direction when using them. The teleport connections are therefore also alternated.

10 Likes

I am constantly in awe of some of the clever people I see here.

But they can’t do jokes like I do.

And they don’t furt rainbows, either. :grinning:

9 Likes
4 Likes

Not sure the new farm fits in, but it looks pretty cool in my opinion. Will have some more work to do :wink:

14 Likes