Base Building Creations

I think the audience might divide, a lot will likely never look at the other. But if you do, Glitch should include and mention Blender Builds.

4 Likes

Could be correct. So perhaps leave it the same unless others want a change.

3 Likes

Maybe leave the thread to include all, and change the title; remove the “Amazing”. That word often makes me hesitate to post here)

Maybe call it, “All Your Base(s) (…are belong to us)” :wink:

7 Likes

I like seeing all bases; from the basic functional space bases, through the ellaborate mansions, all the way up to the incredible ‘sculpture’ bases.

9 Likes

Nice new title! Thanks! :heart:

4 Likes

Another update on the pinball machine.
(Save Editor + Blender)

I decided to reduce the dimensions to lower the part count, which cut me down about 800 parts to about 1600. Then I had to redo pretty much most the work I had done already. It actually turned out even better in my opinion.

I have added some new things and altered some others. There are now two lower ramps, which go up and across (if fast enough). On the crossing are a few floor switches to register scoring. There are now three sinkholes, strategically placed :wink:

I’ll soon be ready to start wiring it all up and give the scoring a good thought. Not too sure about a decimal counter, as that dramatically increases the amount of logic/wiring required. You can see in a previous post how much it takes to just do a 4-bit counter (0-15). This would require a 16x4 matrix to convert to decimal (auto switches/inverters). Now imagine trying for something going into the 100’s, to then hook up a decimal converter. Decimal might be out of reach, but binary is fine I guess.

Images (glass removed):

10 Likes

Pretty nice work! :+1: :heart:

I remember the machines I played on being narrower at the bottom end (near the flippers) than at the top. Would that help reduce the parts count a bit more?

It looks like the parts reduction also pushed the innards a bit off centre, or is that just a camera-perspective thing?

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean, like a somewhat V-shaped cabinet?

The playfield is actually a bit off-center from the cabinet itself, basically not including the ball shooter lane width, on the right of it. With many pinball machines this is the case, although some have the flippers actually dead center compared to the cabinet, making up for the shooter lane width elsewhere. It becomes even more obvious due to the amount of symmetry I used on that axis.

3 Likes

I’m probably wrong. I haven’t had a chance to play for about 20 years now.

ahem… uh… carry on. :joy:

3 Likes

PS4 Normal Eissentam Materials Farms (Free stuff :wink: )

Available to harvest at 8 bases on 4 planets.

Empty planet Metal Mine

Large refining room

Farm for Exotic Plants

Hot Planet Sulphurine & Oxgen Extraction

Farm for Heat Capacitors

Medium refinery room

Lush Planet Nitrogen Extraction

Farm for Poly Fibre

Cold Planet Radon Extraction

Farm for Acid & lubricant

9 Likes

@DarthBane2016

That is an enormous amount of work and resources you put into all that! :heart:

Very cool! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you it’s been a long project but a fun one. :grinning:

3 Likes

Pinball update

(Save Editor + Blender)

I have been decorating a bit and filling in the parts around the lanes. Really enjoying this build and how it turns out so far. It needs more lighting as it is pretty dark with the glass in place. Then lastly all the logic, which should be ok with currently about 2100 parts.

11 Likes

Another quick update on the pinball machine, with the video below:

Scoring is sadly enough not going to happen, but a win state might be possible. I am currently at just over 2800 parts, which is barely enough (hopefully) to finish up the final touches.

12 Likes

Wonderful! :heart_eyes:

I love all the little touches and the solutions you came up with!

4 Likes

Pinball Madness…

Some Blender images:

From below (cabinet parts hidden)

From the front (cabinet parts hidden)

Yet I love this mess :wink:

11 Likes

If people push this stuff much further, they’ll probably soon be forced to go the space engineers way and implement a script language for blocks… :rofl:

5 Likes

Pinball Finished ?

(Blender + Save Editor)

I think I am more or less done with the Pinball build. I have absolutely used the full max amount of parts at 3000. I can’t think of anything to free up to allow something else added. Then again, I am satisfied with the features it ended up having.

• 3 ball play
  • 8 targets as a goal, shown on the ‘back glass’
    Simplified version inside near the player.
  • 1 ’ Shoot Again’ to unlock (allows getting missing skill shots)
  • Display showing ’ Ball-1’, ’ Ball-2’, ’ Ball-3’, or ’ G-Over’
    Ball counter also shown inside at the shooter lane.
  • 4 Pop bumpers, 2 side bumpers
  • 3 Sink holes and main drain
  • Reset button (starts game at ball 1)
  • 2 Teleporters, one at each front leg (gets you to the playing location or back)
  • 2 ByteBeats for the main music theme
  • 6 ByteBeats interacting with the various bumpers

Some images

Coming to a planet in Eissentam soon … (PC - Normal)

11 Likes

Crazy stuff! :smile:

5 Likes

I knew that if anyone could do it, it would be you! :heart_eyes:

You made a vibrantly beautiful functional pinball machine out of base parts --the equivalent of chewing gum and twine; a monument to sentient ingenuity!

…and had fun doing it! :heart:

Thank you for this! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

4 Likes