Base Building Creations

Wow!

That’s all I wanted to say, but have to type more to post

3 Likes

Can’t shoot while ship is landed. (sorry to be so brief --computer is getting a facelift today.

Also —

Love the pool dudes! Heckin’ Awesome! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Found a location and uploaded the base for all to visit

PC - Normal - Eissentam

10 Likes

Just brilliant, was already impressed and then in the vid when you went inside and showed the detail and the ball return ramps…mind blown :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Hmmm, I guess it’s a start, but I can’t promise anything…
(Save Editor + Blender)

Oh well, scale and angles about right, but it needs to be smaller to reduce the part count, because I am currently just over 2k.

Edit: Reduced size to about 1400 parts, with a playfield of 8*17 floor tiles. This might work, as it seems a decent size to play in. (changed image)

Edit: I think looks are not a problem. Now for gameplay … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Looking for a way to mark your teleporters? Check this out;
No Man's Sky - Bases Building - Orbital - Naming Teleporters - YouTube

4 Likes

Good use of decals on a flat wall panel (rotated and scaled)

4 Likes

You know we’re expecting an LCD display that keeps the score up on that panel, right? :grin:

3 Likes

Oh really ?!? I thought I could get away without … <insert sarcasm emote>

5 Likes

Worth mentioning that the orbital is at maximum game height around 1800u so the terrestrial teleporter had to be connected in blender.

3 Likes

(Save Editor + Blender)
I guess this works well enough as a pop-bumper. Using a Sphere Creator, hooked up to a ByteBeat with ByteBeat Switch to pulse the spawning. The sphere wants to naturally get out of the collision state and climbs up because of the angled surrounding. Then it gets reset again, causing it to be forced down again. Rinse repeat. A hidden Floor Switch will trigger it all. Ball goes close, bumper activates, ball gets pushed away.

Animated 2 frame image. Does reasonably reflect the idea.

Edit: Of course the pinball is small enough to fit below. (bumper 1.6x vs pinball 0.6x)

7 Likes

A quick video of the pinball machine in its current state. This is a work in progress with a whole lot more to do, to create an interesting fun game. I am pretty happy so far …
(Save Editor + Blender)

13 Likes

Just… WOW!

Rising to the challenge like a pro! :heart_eyes:

Love your idea for the chutes!

Thanks for the update.

5 Likes

You’re officially crazy… :rofl:

Might have to be a bit steeper… Could the ball be launched with a grenade for more Oomph?

6 Likes

Not sure about the angle. For now I stick with the 6.5° and I may give steeper a try if it doesn’t work out. Will have to try a grenade, never used those, but I expect the ball will collide a lot, losing all its momentum pretty quick.

Edit: Plasma Launcher has no effect on the ball at all.

5 Likes

My latest “base” - YouTube (Not built in blender)

15 Likes

Update on the pinball machine.
(Save Editor +Blender)

• Added some ‘sinkholes’ for increased difficulty, considering the game will be rather ‘slow’.
  • Added non-functional flippers
  • Added somewhat functional ‘slingshots’ to the front sides
  • Added the out-lanes and side-lanes
  • Added the ‘apron’ where you’d normally find the game info cards.

The player will stand on a platform, raised above the flippers. This just gives a better view while still being very playable. Behind the flippers, below the player, is the main ‘drain’.

I will be working on two more ‘ramps’ and additional ways to score. Perhaps another sinkhole or two as well. My main worry is the part count being currently at 2400, which does not leave much room for full logic (scoreboard). Will see how it goes … :wink:

Images with the glass removed:

10 Likes

It amazes me how a space exploration game with a bit of building thrown in, has become a weird sandbox for glitch-building aficionados, where somewhere in an immense collection of galaxies there lurks all manner of bizzare ‘bases’.
Very cool!

6 Likes

This is so very cool! :astonished:

I love how you just took on the challenge and ran with it. :heart:

Continuing to watch how you solve further problems creating this.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Looks great! @DevilinPixy is a Pinball Wizard. :smiley:

I have a small suggestion for this thread. Should we divide it into ‘straight’ builds, glitched builds and blender builds? Or some other combination? My fear is that others who may be like me, may hesitate to post a straight build next to the more elaborate builds. It is also a bit confusing for those who may not realize the different build methods.
Or leave all as is?
Open to suggestions.

5 Likes