Base Building Creations

6 Likes

This has been a WIP for the last few days … a tribute actually.

Once I find a good location and am 100% satisfied, I will post details and more images :wink:

15 Likes

just wanna say… WOW! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/MartinBoid/status/1209247588911853569?s=19

6 Likes

:+1: I seriously am amazed by :heart_eyes: these players that make monumental bases when I can’t even get a set of stairs to line up properly with the thing I want to climb up to. :joy:

5 Likes

Blender fixes some shortcomings in the game :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to trying out the Blender mod --as soon as I’m finished upgrading my computer.

3 Likes

Robot Visions

PC - Normal - Eissentam

For comparison:

And a little bonus :wink:

16 Likes

@DevilinPixy thats one of the best builds Ive seen.

No design awards here but had an idea as I was getting a bit tired of all the manual picking for crafting . Its a bit cheeky but it turns out if you wire glitch a plant anywhere on a biodome the pick all button will grab everything.
It does seriously mess with rendering , I had to limit it to 3 domes and 36 living glass so theres no strobing. (ps4 Pro)

12 Likes

Considering I am waiting on an issue to be fixed for my other base, I decided to try something else…

Rack 'm up!

Might work some more on it, but the table is more or less done.

16 Likes

A suspicious person might think that the creator of this masterpiece once had access to, and a deep knowledge of, a large number of pinball machines.

6 Likes

I really think that’s a pool table, not a pinball machine… :grin:

But, if we’re lucky, DevlinPixy will take it as a challenge.

5 Likes

I would love to check it out in person…but unfortunately this is on PC and not PS4 (I assume.)

3 Likes

Definitely a pool table! OMG I want to see vids of it working. So cool! :dark_sunglasses::heart:

Haven’t had a chance to play in years/decades.

Pinball would be incredibly awesome, and I can imagine a nightmare of logic. I expect that would be just more fun for you, @DevilinPixy. :joy:

3 Likes

Pinball eh? I have tried many times, but pinball requires ‘flippers’ and the Power Doors just don’t cut it at all. Would love to see moving parts we can hook up to logic. Tried all kinds of alternative ways to replace the flipper part, with basically the player being the best choice when armed. The only way to get some speed with the sphere, is to shoot it, as it is pretty slow by default. The sphere has very heavy behaviour, no bounce at all, it’s a drag… I just don’t see a way to make a fast paced skillful game out of it. Not to mention that the logic system is equally slow. I have pretty much given up on the idea of pinball.

I am not worried about the logic in general, as I can manage very well. The biggest issue is getting the mechanical part to work first. In the case of pinball as I mentioned, I just don’t see it happen. I may have another stab at it though.

I will make a short video and upload the base somewhere once I am satisfied. Was still tinkering with some ideas to add more to it.

Edit: Here ya go :wink:

Yes, you are correct, this is on PC and not even uploaded yet.

5 Likes

That is so cool! :heart: Thanks for showing it off like that.

You could do a team PVP Pool with that too.

Yeah. Starting springloader, Flippers and bumpers. The only part I can think of is the triangular base parts (not the new flooring pieces. But I can’t imagine a way to hook them up so they would swing/flip.

I can kind of imagine bumpers as arrays of sideways switches. But I don’t know what the button parts would be called (floor switches?).

1 Like

You’d have to make some custom rules to get some sort of game to work. I am sure with being somewhat creative you can get some sort of game going.

The Bolt Caster works well for decent speed and somewhat controlled movement. The Scatter Blaster has more power, but you’ll ‘scratch’ a lot, with balls flying off the table :slight_smile:

Another issue is keeping track of the cue ball, or the 9-ball if you follow the rules at least somewhat. The balls can not be coloured, so they all look the same.

There is no way to get anything moving besides the Garage Doors. Their movement is not really suitable for flippers though. There is nothing that can move against the ball to make it bounce off in a different direction, like flippers do.

Adding a few different ways to score is certainly possible though. Floor Switches do indeed work well and can be placed in various ways. I would just need to make sure that scoring doesn’t happen too fast in succession. A scoring system takes a few ticks to complete, so timing is crucial with the logic delays involved.

It will have to be the player to cause rapid movement and changes to the ball, by shooting at it. I have tested with a sloped playfield and the player at the bottom. This way the ball always wants to come down at a reasonable pace. Then continuously shoot at it to prevent it falling down a drain. Multiball should also be possible, maybe even several layers (floors), having to use teleporters to move along. It’s tough to get it all done right and fun to play. I might even get this to work, just needs a lot more testing.

3 Likes

I have immense faith in your 1337Skillz! :wink:

Yeah, I was thinking later of it being along the lines of a team co-op game: two player act as flippers, one player for each “bumper”, etc. Of course I haven’t thought it through. lol

Trial and error. Haven’t thought about involving other players (MP) to become a different part of the game. Sounds like fun to have a player be a ‘bumper’ trying to shoot the ball back at you :joy: I am not really into multiplayer, so haven’t even thought about it too much. Certainly offers some additional possibilities I may wish to explore.

I came up with another idea a few days ago, which I need to test. Can you shoot from your ship while sitting on a landing pad, or do you need to fly off first? Hmmm…

Or trapping a vehicle to make it move all crazy, causing a natural ‘bumper’. Abusing glitches in a controlled way …

2 Likes

When NOT moving Boundary Failures around, this is what they do in their spare time …

I guess it’s time to find a place for this build :wink:

14 Likes