Base Building and Settlements

13 Likes

Pawn 16

Some additional images (4k)

12 Likes
12 Likes

Target Practice

A fun concept I had on my to-do list for a long time.
Just shoot those darn Sentinels! Best experienced in 1st person view.

http://nmsportals.github.io/#40CC26467897 :link:

11 Likes

And a video, showing off ‘Target Practice’ to give you an idea …

11 Likes

Huh… I have some idea how you could make them vanish, but no idea how you make them spawn without any sort of script?

7 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes

if thats an in game build thats f****** fantastic. Still good otherwise, but thats a tricky build inside nms :+1:

6 Likes

I assume they are arranged in Blender unless someone says otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Still, great art, they don’t let the in-game ui limit themselves…

5 Likes

I follow several Japanese builders and none of them use blender. I have duplicated some of their builds. Tedious work that requires knowing when to place what.

6 Likes
11 Likes

The treatment of the Korvax entities must be MERCIFUL. The universe demands no MORAL order of us but that which we CHOOSE to IMPOSE.

The Korvax SHELL will be stripped of all contact from its CONVERGENCE.

For fifty cycles it will be separated from ALL communication frequencies. All appeals to the FALSE ATLAS will be punished.

The Korvax will be given TOOLS for their own HUMILIATION. Refusal to EXTRACT minerals from planets will result in EXTRACTION FROM KORVAX themselves.

The Korvax will be given APPEARANCE modifications to make them appear FLESH. All RESISTANCE shall cease.

First time building in a themed system and also first time making a build using the NMS Base Building Stand Alone App thingy.

The idea for this system is to build stuff from the time of the great Gek Dominion, around the time of the destruction of Korvax Prime. There’s 6 planets, 2 for each race I think, named for their Homeworlds.

Decided to go with one of my favourite Collossal Archive entries for the Gek while learning to use the building app.

Still quite not finished but if you’d like to join in or visit, the OG posters guidelines are here

First Spawn Battle Archive
by u/3dKreashunz in NoMansSkyTheGame

Original Post by 3dKreashunz

For those that are interested in visiting/building:

First off I would like to share my idea for builds in this system. The theme of the system is based from old lore.... around the time the Gek destroyed Korvax Prime. Builds should be loosely based around NMS lore (links below). Gek, Korvax, or Vy'keen ... take your pick.

Some ideas I have (feel free to use):

Gek: spawning pool, disassembling Korvax plant, ground battle/spacebattle

Korvax convergence scene, Korvax production line, destruction scenes

Vy'keen Grahberry factory, Korvax vs Vy'keen battles

Finally:

Please come visit or build! Please don't upload bases that don't fit the theme! Stay at least 1000u away from other bases.

Euclid:

096B:005C:0499:0007

11 Likes

11 Likes

Wowza ;0; Is this in Euclid by any chance? Would love to visit <3

Incredible work, did you do this in game with glitch building or was it using base building software? Either way is equally impressive, I’m just always curious of the method <3

I just started building my first base using the stand alone app and it’s a lot of fun. Have the Korvax Carapace Seperation building more or less finished, just need to finish the Tools for Humiliation and Mineral Extraction building and then using an abandoned building for the area where the Gek alter the Korvax to make them appear flesh. Gonna get started on that one today (used hanging lights to mark out its location for me when i bring it in to base builder app)

This Gek landed at the base and started checking in new Korvax Arrivals, they have also enslaved living ships to help hunt down and bring in more Korvax for BETTERMENT!

11 Likes

Hi Todd, good to see you again.

Thats a system Ive been building in for some years now. 4 bases, just updating as new stuff comes out . Glitch builds first on ps4, now ps5. Messing about with a biological experimental outbreak scenario kind of thing. Still having a lot of fun just changing stuff.

Its in Euclid. I’ll post the glyphs as soon as the server updates the new interior.

Think Ive solved a wee problem Ive had. Im using bytebeat boxes as power controls for lighting for a moody effect, but lately Im getting music coming through and random flashing of lights, but I think this time ive got it cracked. Hopefully.

5 Likes

For some reason, I am having a hard time glitching on PS5…was trying the wire size glitch with storage containers and finally gave up…will try again.

3 Likes

havent wire glitched in a little while. I think beebs said some old methods were broken. Ill try it and get back to you. I take it youre trying to shrink the boxes?

edit: scaling still works, tried it with a solar panel thing.

Looked up a tutorial, as Id forgotten how to do it too :smiley:

6 Likes

After using the Base Builder App I don’t think I can go back ;0; Here’s some interior shots of the Appearance Modification room, where Korvax are made FLESH. Almost finished with my first 3rd party app build.

It’s both fun and horrible building this Gek First Spawn factory of Horrors, so I try to find some serenity in the place.

I do a mix of building in game and then jumping to the app to do things I cant do outside of glitch building (which I’ve never actually tried) or to align something better as I find it hard lining things up with controller (my left stick also has drift now if i dont pull it back down into place).

10 Likes

Hmm, there seems to still be an issue with using bytebeat as a light control, weird as older builds in the same system are still functioning with it fine. Anyways heres the glyphs for the planet. Feel free to have nosey around if you get bored of the new exp.

9 Likes