An Ode to Snappies, Clappies & Puffies

I would give that to you - but I consider you the arbiter of that decision :smiley:

3 Likes

Well, before NEXT I was never able to find 4 that close together. Obviously something has changed. With the 5th one so close, it makes me wonder…Funny thing was, I zoomed in for a shot of the 2 on the left because they were back to back. It wasn’t until I panned the camera around that I saw the other 2 on the right…I almost missed them. :sweat_smile:
I was originally spurred into this hunt because I frequently found 3 growing closely together…I am still not sure this is it. I would like them to be closer. This does, however, make me wonder and a little bit afraid. Just how big of a gathering might there be out there? :scream:

3 Likes

Winner! Winner!

4 Likes

Planet of the Snappies.

6 Likes

Do not get out of your ship if you land there.
I wonder how much carbon you’d get from that planet?

5 Likes

YOU MONSTER! :scream:

5 Likes

It’s a crossover post! :grin:
NEXT- What's On the Other Side Pics

Know if you can find four snappies straight in row. @sheralmyst

1 Like

And the current record goes to @sheralmyst!
That is the closest one ever seen! :medal_military:
Until further discoveries… :wink:

5 Likes

This one’s flexing. :muscle:

Sheltered between some eggs.

8 Likes

Sentinel shooting Snappie!?

Snuggling Snappie

10 Likes

Just a Snappie

9 Likes

8 Likes

I do appreciate the newer color themes & variety of the Snaprz. The NEXT versions seem to be more camouflaged as well as placed near other objects that might give them “cover.” I have not encountered the blue ones yet. They are cool! (Well, blue is a “cool” color, so I guess it makes sense. :slight_smile: )

Closer…

Close-up

Puff the Magic Snapr…
They can be quite striking [Ooo … an unintentional pun] (by Torchlight) at night, especially with some associated clownish colored flora.

And one stat for numbers freeks & geeks: A Snapr “hits” you at somewhere between 4.3u (hits) and 4.7u (doesn’t hit) distance from them. Yeah, I tested it! :smiley:

10 Likes

Limelight Snappy

11 Likes

Has anyone else noticed a Snappie Invasion since 1.7? They are all around my base now as well as a lot of new knowledge stones. They also showed as unknown so I had to re-scan them.

9 Likes

It’s the start of their intergalactic takeover! :scream:

7 Likes

Actually, I noticed a snappy right next to my basic starter base (on a big black stone cube in my new save), which I was certain wasn’t there before. There were 2 lonely sodium plants and that was it. Now there’s a snappy as well?
:snake:

5 Likes

So, It has finally begun… May Atlas have mercy on our souls.

6 Likes

Mrs Mad Hatter’s contribution to the search for quadruple snappies.
It’s certainly the tightest tripple I’ve seen.
(Sorry about TV pic but I didn’t have time to do the PS4/USB/PCshuffle. I’ll upload a proper copy later).

EDIT Updated to better pics.

11 Likes

Awesome find! New winner! :sparkles:

7 Likes