A critique of No Man's Sky after 450 hours

Yep I read that awhile back but was on my phone and lazy to look up the number lol. My current save I reset to an Exhausted galaxy (Budullangr). I do love desert planets and also zero gravity planets!

1 Like

I’d love to see the Options area add a Lore tab. It would accumulate lore you have discovered, with separate menu buttons to factions and Atlas. In each faction/Atlas area the lore would appear in correct “order” and adjust as you discovered more.

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking that with Lore, some could be procedural. But there really should be some “sites of interest” that exist on certain locations throughout the Euclid galaxy. In a galaxy with literally quintillions of planets, that might seem like hiding them with almost zero chance of finding them. Except that there could be those people and locations which have amassed the history of the galaxy, and can be consulted for clues. And these could be increasingly more specific and obvious. The homeworlds of the Three Races come to mind, as well as of the Ancients, if Team Mercury uses that tidbit of lore. Remains of the previous civilization as well.

Location wise, these would probably be spread out over some distances, maybe vast distances. But with Portals and key glyphs found in the Lore, every place in the galaxy is just a step away. All this could be tied into some secret about ATLAS, or something of its own. But I really want to know what the Team created of their own history of this universe and its peoples.

4 Likes