Videos v1.5-1.77

Thank you @MacForADay for the updates. Many of us on PC are unable to participate in the current Community Event. Glad to know it is working for others. :grinning:

Something must have changed with the corrupted sentinels. They have always spawned every time I harvested the scraps.

2 Likes

I made a really quick overview for each missions you can accept of the Daily Missions in #NoMansSky, and some tips to help you get that daily 250 Quicksilver in a flash! ;D

7 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Video for Round 1 of the Galactic Hub Anniversary Tournament.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Love the looks and colours on your starship!

2 Likes
5 Likes

I wish there was an emote for 'shake my head, slap my forehead".

5 Likes

Hello! I haven’t posted in the ETARC forum since last year. Its not that this forum isn’t awesome, its just my love for No Man’s Sky has subsided a bit after the NEXT update came out. I do how some ideas of how they can make the weather effects in No Man’s Sky better, though! I hope you check this video out and let me know if you have any ideas yourself of what kind of weather you would like to see added into No Man’s Sky! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well that was an unexpectedly weird one, Helpya. :upside_down_face:

Next has been a real love/hate for me. Gameplay seemed a mixed bag, but more positive overall. Visuals are a real sore spot for me though. I don’t hate how Next looks, sometimes the new stuff is quite beautiful. However, I do hate how the new dramatically-reduced variety replaced the old, instead of adding the new colors/styles.

I’d like to see a lot of the environmental effects you mentioned, it could really add to the atmosphere (no pun intended). I remember in Atlas Rises the screen used to flash/flicker slightly when storms started - kinda looked like lightning flashes, but I think it was unintentional. I like Next’s new cloud rendering much more than pre-Next, but would really love if they had more style variety. It would be great to see a more dynamic system that would grow more overcast as storms rolled in.

1 Like

Weather effects would be nice but, I can’t even run tessellation (PC windows) (though I hear ppl on Linux are having no issues) …adding more moving things… :scream: …hail…snow…raindrops…all sound cool but I wonder just how much more can be added before we can’t play at all. I have not been disappointed by any of the updates. :grinning:

3 Likes

True, I can’t run tessellation either. Lower end hardware tho, so I guess that’s to be expected. I don’t think additional weather effects would be that bad though. Likely just replacing the current textures with others and tweaking the movement (& maybe affects on the player).

2 Likes

Hello ETARC! I’m hoping I’m posting this as a post and not as a reply post to someones comment! This is a video about why I think it would be great if Hello Games gave us the ability to own more than 6 starships in No Man’s Sky, esp since our freighter can hold up to 9!
I hope you check out the video and let me know what you think :slight_smile: Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply Argh! And yeah, this is something new! And I feel the same as you, except I probably dislike NEXT more so :stuck_out_tongue: I totally agree with the why take out color variation instead of adding to it!? concept. But eh, who knows. Hopefully they will add it back!

LOL sounds great! Thanks for your reply! I’m glad your loving NEXT!

1 Like

:grin: Black Friday…
The 3 empty slots are so that our 3 multiplayer companions will have room to land on our Freighter. For me personally, my ships have not shown up on my Freighter since the last update. I miss them.
It would be nice to have an easier way to trade ships. Since my 6 slots are full on my Freighter, I have to trade planet side which means calling down my ship of choice, hopping into it then back out and hoping the ship I want to trade for has not left before I have done all of that. Trading should not be so difficult. So I would like to see a change there.

3 Likes

Thanks for watching the video!! And yeah, hopefully HG makes the trading easier!!

1 Like

Insert nostalgic waxing about the times when we could only own a single ship

3 Likes

Hello No Man’s Sky fans! In this video my robot explains why added GRAVITY VARIATION to No Man’s Sky would be great! There are two epic glitches in this video as well regarding the frigate system, so I hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes