Upcoming Tencent Stream Saturday 07/07/18

I’m not sure Mac but i will be watch all the time for when it starts

Look down towards the lower right of that image there, that has GOT to be a NMS ship there…in fact that is THE ship we’ve seen in the very early NMS gameplay clips from the early promotional days back in 2013-2014…that is the ship we saw most prominently on stage at E3 2014 iirc…and that could be a traveler next to it. traveler

6 Likes

A couple people on Youtube told me it will be around noon in the UK. Which is about 6am for me, so I’m going to have to get up pretty early Saturday morning.

3 Likes

Do we know what time-zone in China is that 7pm referring to?

get that coffee pot on Mac :smiley:

2 Likes

These websites may be a bit easier to read about the Tencent WeGame conference coming saturday:
iyingdi.cn
ngacn.cc
steamcn.com
It would still require translation of course.
I am personally not expecting the conference to reveal a whole lot we do not know already.

For those interested in browsing for No Man’s Sky in Chinese, try the below in search:
No Man’s Sky = 无人深空 (Nobody Deep Space / No Man’s Deep Space)
Tencent WeGame Platform = 腾讯Wegame平台
ATLAS Pass LVL 4 = ATLAS 通行證LV4
Waking Titan = 泰坦覺醒

And yes, No Man’s Sky is pretty big in China (having the same controversy). Just saw the Pachinko machine featured on 3DMGame. Pretty much all info we push out to the net is known over there :wink:

Edit: 腾讯Wegame on Weibo > Sina Visitor System

That would be CST (China Standard Time) = UTC + 8

3 Likes

That is definitely a ship from NMS!

Are you sure the photo with the NMS ship is real? The pixels look off…

Also, the astronaut next to it is actually a fortnite character.

Edit: found the original ship photo. Its from the promo photo for the model ship made of tin. I noticed it when I looked at my ship on the shelf and then it hit me.

images%20(27)

Take this photo, reverse it, add some lighting and boom.

Edit again: upon further inspection, this photo is not the original source photo of the ship after all. but its the ship atleast.

3 Likes

This is the image that @Argh posted earlier…from Cobra TV’s discord(http://img.ngacn.cc/attachments/mon_201806/28/biQ5-6775XcZ3gT3cS2yo-1o0.jpg)…supposed to be an official promotional image but I don’t exactly visit Tencent websites as I don’t read or speak chinese…also that ship has been shown in A LOT of places…preorder bonus ship for PS4 had an image of it(though in game it ended up looking differently), and was even shown in game by Sean Murray playing on stage at E3 2014.

3 Likes

Don’t forget about the international dateline.

I agree the pixelation on the ship in that image looks a bit wonky, which made me second guess it when I first saw it too. However, I looked into it further and that image is being used as promotional material for the event in articles on Chinese sites (see DevilinPixy’s links above).

Nice catch on the fortnite character.

3 Likes

Yea, I wonder if it was a last-minute thing, to put No Mans Sky and Fortnite in there?

1 Like

Either that or the dude who photo-shopped all the bits together wasn’t the best.

3 Likes

Well, it’s China. They do have a bit of a less polished take on marketing than western nations, and they are very much unconcerned about IP usage. It might well be that the guy doing the image thought “huh, there really should be an astronaut here”, didn’t find an NMS screenshot with one, and took the next best thing.

Also, there can be little doubt that this does refer to NMS. The ship is almost unmistakable, and there’s an Atlas hovering above it.

4 Likes

The show should be going on right now if I’m not mistaken. Is anyone able to view it?

I definitely cannot, the video embed on the website says “missing plugin” and I can’y download anything on PS4. If anyone is able to record or stream it, that would be awesome.

It was the Atlas Rises trailer, along with some footage of gameplay, nothing new. Basically an announcement that NMS is coming to Tencent.

4 Likes

Ah ok, that’s that then. On to the live drop in 1 and a half hours!

3 Likes

Just for giggles -this was screencapped

2 Likes

That’s basically what this was, coming out hype

Is it finished ? seems like it’s still going on

http://act.tgp.qq.com/danji/night20180707/index.html