Top gun - maverick

Yes, finally a Part 2. Top Gun: Maverick Comic-Con Trailer (2020) | Movieclips Trailers - YouTube

3 Likes

Very interesting. I had no idea they were making another. I was in high school last time around. I wonder if the Russians will make an appearance. I have missed the old cold war movies when there was a clear and present enemy. It’s all so vague these days…

4 Likes

Im excited for it. But there making us wait a year. Im certain it will include some of the countries making today’s headlines.

4 Likes

Honestly, I’m not sure top gun still works outside the cultural context of the 80ies… Would have to be quite a different movie.

3 Likes

I agree. Cold War type movies would likely fall flat with all that is happening in the world today.

2 Likes

Just now realised that it’s a sequel, not a remake. That might make things even more complicated…
Also, what did they do to that beautiful guitar lead from the original? That’s not the first impression you want to give in your trailer… :tired_face:

2 Likes

Yes a sequel. Much older…but perhaps not wiser? I would like to know more about the plot. Personally, I hope they pull it off.

3 Likes

Talk to me Goose…

4 Likes

I feel the need…

3 Likes

If anyone likes a little chuckle and chat about the new film (and the old), the TV chat show host Conan O’Brien interviewed Tom Cruise. It was quite funny when Conan asked Cruise what his nickname might be if he were to appear in the movie. That’s about 4:22 into the short interview.

3 Likes

Plot:
Retired decorated Captain, grumpy Tom Cruise, recalled to save the world from Russia and Trump and train young beautiful hot-shots to do extraordinary aerobatic stunts in the sky, set to a funky Youtube Billie Eilish, Stormzy soundtrack… maybe :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Remember the Top-Gun parody movie called Hot Shots with Charlie playing the Maverick character?
I’ll have to watch that again now.
Good, silly humour of a bygone era :grin:
Always loved ‘Fluffy Bunny Feet’.
Cracks me up just remembering it :laughing:

6 Likes
6 Likes