The origin of a new wishlist

The Ancient Bones thing bugs me too. I’d think that of all things they would be considered historical relics, so hopefully Team Mercury will think on that, and your other points.

Some of what you discuss, I’m going to touch on in my fic. :wink:

I’d love to see a big jump in internal build numbers, but the things I want to see, like ship modification / building and painting, will most likely have to wait for a similar jump in revision. And they just did a carpload of work to give us Origins, so I’m expecting things like fixes, while hoping for some early Christmas presents. :grin:

1 Like

I like this idea, but I have always imagined that stored items were molecularly shrunk or minimized to fit in your exosuits and starships. If there is an aesthetic overhaul of spacecraft, I would like basic access to your cargo hold and windows in your freighter base.

A gun rack would be great to store extra MTs not on your person. However, I would like a multitool overhaul more. As I stated before:

Another thought that I had was to introduce melee weapons (instead of just a shoulder.) I think the game would benefit from adding axes, chainsaws and lightsabers.

3 Likes

I always thought a similar “gun rack” idea would be great for ships too. We have a giant freighter, but so little of its space is actually used. The hangar appears to have additional doors in the back, so how about a storage garage there? The game could still restrict the number of active summon-able ships to 6, but allow many more to be collected and individually swapped in/out from the hangar deck.

That could also help address the issue of being unable to do ship salvaging if you already have six “keeper” ships. Could just pop one into storage for a while to free up an active slot.

5 Likes

Personal note: I see at varied “interweb” places that No Man’s Sky should be like “X” game.

My personal wish is that NMS be as unlike other games as is reasonable. Variety is the spice of life. Let others imitate No Man’s Sky, not the other way around.

5 Likes

U don’t rule out good ideas done by others simply because they are not yours. I for one think having ships that could can walk around in would be great, or suit/weapon stations to swap gear. Don’t care if others did them, still great ideas.

4 Likes

I don’t think that anyone has to worry too much that our favorite alternate universe will transmogrify into being like Leet Dangerus or some other games, simply because an idea here and there might osmosize in. I guess I’m lucky in some ways because I haven’t played them.

I’m writing my fic as a creative outlet to flesh out my personal pilgrimage through the Euclid galaxy, and I’d be in hysterics if Team Mercury went that way. I’m sure some people would be hysterical the other way, preferring something much different. And that’s fine, it’s meant as inspiration anyway. All my little grumps about issues I dislike aren’t ever going to make me stop loving and playing this game. Gran Turismo 7, on the other hand… :sweat_smile:

I say, keep throwing bread crumbs. The lads and lassies at Mercury will nibble what they will, and I’m sure unexpected goodies will result.

1 Like

Well, I personally wouldn’t mind NMS becoming a bit of a “Daggerfall in space”. Not introducing Orks and Elves of course, but more the concept of a bit more of a “life sim” aspect in a huge world. Make the guilds and races a bit more involved and interact more, flesh out different aspects that are already in the game with a bit more progression, put a few more dungeons and danger in, expand the missions a bit, stuff like that.

7 Likes

This is what a number of us have been asking for, and honestly, this is what NMS needs. Right now it’s a beautiful shell of a game, well worth playing for as many hundreds or thousands of hours you want to put into it. But at the moment it’s mostly a game of:

• Explore
  • Loot
  • Find Lore
  • More loot
  • Take pretty pics (and vids if you have a good capture)
  • Be an entrepreneur
  • More loot
  • Collect ships (my main pursuit right now, especially Fighters)
  • More loot

I’m a bit disappointed that the “glorious secrets” in the game are mostly discovered for me, all the Lore found that I’m aware of, so I’m satisfying that urge by making my own Lore in my fic, which I hope Team Mercury takes a look at. I think I have some good ideas - though it will take a few chapters to develop.

The Three Races… well, they’re there… Monuments and Portals… well, they’re there… but nothing has any real meaning other than as wallpaper to exploring and looting. Archaeological finds are… just loot.

So right now my focus is hitting the F and G class stars hoping to find SANE garden worlds, and Vy’keen so I can shop Fighters. I scan a few things, look for a hint of undiscovered Lore, and if I don’t see something unusual, in 20 minutes I’m on my way to the Core again. No longer are worlds big Curiosity Presents to open and spend a few days exploring. I have to keep track of a few choice worlds because the Discovery table slowly eats the oldest entries. I have yet to make that Home base, but when I get a sane week, hopefully this fall, I intend to make a home for myself off the Infineon.

2 Likes

In Photo Mode, move Vignette to Lens so that I can permanently turn it off.

2 Likes

I thought that a prior update let us save settings between sessions.?

2 Likes

The only one that stayed where I put it has been the autofocus.

2 Likes

I’m on PC, and my settings won’t save.

I have to whine a little bit. Not about my beloved - if still a bit buggy - alternate universe, but Windoze. Last Friday as I was wrapping up a chapter for my controversial and incredibly outrageous story, I was going to grab some pics from my NMS album to illustrate various scandalous scenes. But to my lack of delight, I found that my PC had erased hundreds of snapshots - on its own. I had to spend more than a DAY to find some good file recovery software that worked, and I wouldn’t have to pay much for. Fortunately, I got some freeware that worked pretty well, though I don’t think it found everything. So I guess I’m going to have to invest in some big honking portable drives and backup the darn thing for a reinstall of… fracking Windoze.

2 Likes

Haven’t posted on the wishlist in a while…

…procedural ship interiors.
Cargo bay doors that open so you can store things in them.
Frigate interiors with a full crew inside actually doing things.
A new docking bay in freighters where we can land our ships ourselves(or at least get close amd lock-on to a landing pad of choice.
Customisable exteriors of freighters
Turrets that are playable.
2-4 manned ships(others can operate turrets or other things)

3 Likes

I have a 5TB external USB3 HDD. I have a batch program that copies all newer folders and files from the PC to it. I keep it offline until I want to backup.

So far my Win10 PC haz not had any of the issues you describe. But PC systems and drivers very wildly.

2 Likes

Every once in a while when starting NMS, after an update or not, I get this and would rather see the proper image.

1 Like
1 Like

You want rollercoasters in NMS? :wink:

1 Like

So I saw this new story today and thought…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/lake-michigans-ice-volcanoes-show-up-later-than-usual-after-warm-january/ar-BB1dAjQd

Oooo. Ice volcanos on a small number of frigid worlds.

2 Likes

Dance moves like these…please

2 Likes

Those shuffle guys obviously hacked into the matrix and turned of friction :sweat_smile:… As for the jump style, honestly, that just looks like capoeira for beginners to me…

2 Likes