The origin of a new wishlist

I have a 5TB external USB3 HDD. I have a batch program that copies all newer folders and files from the PC to it. I keep it offline until I want to backup.

So far my Win10 PC haz not had any of the issues you describe. But PC systems and drivers very wildly.

2 Likes

Every once in a while when starting NMS, after an update or not, I get this and would rather see the proper image.

1 Like
1 Like

You want rollercoasters in NMS? :wink:

1 Like

So I saw this new story today and thought…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/lake-michigans-ice-volcanoes-show-up-later-than-usual-after-warm-january/ar-BB1dAjQd

Oooo. Ice volcanos on a small number of frigid worlds.

2 Likes

Dance moves like these…please

2 Likes

Those shuffle guys obviously hacked into the matrix and turned of friction :sweat_smile:… As for the jump style, honestly, that just looks like capoeira for beginners to me…

2 Likes

Reminded me of this

If we could strap razors to our ankles and toes, it could double as a new way to fight Sentinels or to filet aggressive critters, ready to cook. :sweat_smile:

My first thought was, “that’s what I look like right after watching an Irish dance YouTuber”, I’m sorry… :joy:

But yeah, back on topic. I’m in favour of cooler cybergothier dances, the catch is, in a game there is a thin line between “sick shuffle, dude” and “this animation is so badly motion captured, the feet are sliding!!1”. Do you trust HG to get cool dances right? Does Sean look like he’d get that right? :rofl:

5 Likes

I’d say Shuffle wins over Jumpstyle.

1 Like

New dance moves means new animations… That could then allow CqC weapons, ground pounds and back flips. I’d like to see some grappling hooks to spacewalk.

3 Likes

On PS4, I Sometimes move the left joystick a tiny amount to make my character slip n slide. I do it on the Anomaly when players sit around the Nexus… lol cheesy

4 Likes

Maybe lets have an option to change the animation of the way we walk. From normal… to slowly jumping(like on the moon)… to a hilarious moon-walk(walking backwards)… To walking as if in mud… to tiptoeing… To walking to the beat of music…

Also, I think i’ve mentioned it before, but i think a grappling hook and harpoon(both on ship and on foot) would be a good fit in NMS.

2 Likes

I want to be able to construct this at my base

And I want to be able to summon my starships at the Space Station.

6 Likes

I wish we had more control over keeping the names to systems we discover. On my list at the teleporter, it still shows as Calidi Frigus ECSD but once I landed…

5 Likes

I recently re-visited the Etarcian capital for the first time in a long, long while.
It’s now an infested planet with lots of void-egg looking growths everywhere.
Hasn’t NMS come a long way since we first claimed that chain of stars!

13 Likes

In continuation of this conversation from the Videos thread:

Very good ideas here about making fighting meaningful! I also sent a suggestion to HG a few years ago that touched some of the ideas that Polyphemus had.

I wrote I wished systems had a “state” and missions had an effect on the state. By state I mean these tracked properties that can be high or low: flora, fauna, sentinels, pirates, population (and also some for repair, break-in, photo, find missing person missions).

If I accept nothing but “kill animals” missions, the balance of the state should tip, and the system should offer more “feed animals” missions. If I have repaired everything, the system should tip to a state where I get paid to sabotage stuff again. Similarly, getting rid of too many sentinels should lure in pirates; and vice versa.

Also sentinels should have real priorities, currently they can’t tell the difference whether I picked a flower or blew up a depot - they get equally angry and are equally lenient/forgetful afterwards. It’s fine to treat a newcomer’s flower theft as trivial, but they should react differently to a hardened repeat offender, so to speak.

This way, when I want to explore in peace and quiet, I have the option to not harvest anything right in front of sentinels eyes to get away with it. And if I want to be a gangster I know which of their buttons to push to lure them out faster or longer or stronger.

I can slowly ruin an extremely peaceful and abundant system, but I can also slowly rebuild an aggressive or depopulated system whose balance was recently tipped by another passing player perhaps. (And over a few days time, the balance could revert to its original state, so they don’t have to track our tiny impact forever.)

3 Likes

You might want to go play elite: dangerous :laughing:
The problem with such global state comes down to multiplayer again. And it’s not primarily the technical implementation that’s the problem. It’s the security. Since NMS is not a competitive multiplayer game, HG can comfortably leave our savegames unencrypted on our harddrives and let us edit and manipulate them to outr hearts content. They don’t have to care about cheaters, which saves a lot of resources!

You introduce globally shared states like these, you run the risk that somebody writes a bot that wrecks the universe. NMS has a large enough profile for this to be attractive enough for some script-kid looking to make a name for themselves, so it is a danger.
I think the effort required to make the system secure enough for such global states to be handled safely is out of proportion to the benefits.

There’s also a balancing issue… Make this system fun for individual players, and it will be too easily manipulated by groups. Make it interesting for groups, it’s essentially meaningless for individual players. Or do it like E:D, where you can get half the player base together and still have to grind away for days, which makes the system meaningless entirely… :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

That’s kinda where I got the idea from. :innocent:

Oh. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Would like the grain effect added to camera mode. This is from Mass Effect Legendary Ed. Ep 1

All of the photo mode options in ME, and there are many, have a slider to adjust intensity. Is very nice.

5 Likes