The Lighter Side of NMS: Graphics Hiccups and Funny Pics

While flying low, I somehow managed to get hung up on some fauna. Could not escape so I fired the ship’s weapons and now I was hung up on dead fauna. Was eventually able to land but my ship had merged with the animal.

13 Likes

To a lesser extend, that happened to me in an exocraft once, I think I recalled the craft a few metres away to get rid of the deer hood ornament. :cold_sweat: I keep thinking: How would a programmer detect and avoid exceptions like that? Would be an interesting topic for a game conference session.

3 Likes

Actually, I think NMS must have recently put in a check for some of these kinds of issues. There is a place on my base where I will reliably fall through the ground and now the game seems to notice that and puts me back on solid ground after falling for about one second.

4 Likes

A fix for the “freefall” issue specifically has been present since NEXT, I think. It doesn’t apply to other glitches which are more difficult to detect, however.

2 Likes

Dj Gek

5 Likes

Oh my … I figured this would work!
Day … Night … :sun_with_face::first_quarter_moon_with_face: … North … South … :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

Sure having a good laugh about this :wink:

6 Likes

When you go to the discoveries page, are your location markers on two antipodes? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Think i sprung a leak … some kind of gas venting… guess that’s why I got such a good deal on this antique backpack

9 Likes

You let the magic smoke out! :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Electrical engineering - basic principles - 0037/4 - smoke :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks @Mad-Hatter, and @DevilinPixy for the explanation :smiley:

I thought a short circuit had sparked a fire in my nipnip stash and caused the “magic smoke” :rainbow:

7 Likes

Did you know that the famous skier Picabo Street was fired from a hospital intensive care job? … turns out she kept answering the phone with, “Picabo, ICU.” (heh, heh)

And speaking of I C U…

12 Likes

Guess this is a VIP private pod…my bad…

10 Likes

7 Likes

Wooden you say :thinking:

6 Likes

just became a member of the three comma club

6 Likes

Strange upper level winds

10 Likes

lol, I noticed exactly the same last night. Must be new to experimental.

7 Likes

Looks like cube mapping gone wrong…

3 Likes

I thought Sean said in an interview they weren’t using cubes. Or am I mistaken?

1 Like