The Lighter Side of NMS. Graphics Hiccups and Funny Pics

These structures become suddenly terrifying and ominous with the inclusion of eyes.

When tall creatures go down small tunnels, terrifying things also happen. (There be Demons here)

This vy’keen was not impressed with his brothers scientific experiments into an invisibility elixir. Science is not the Vy’Keen way, GRAH!

Not exactly the lighter side in the top two pics, more the scary side.

12 Likes

I can imagine how someone could hack a saved game file to move an object’s position into space (this is on a PC). I don’t know if that is what happened or if this is a bug. I didn’t make a note of who left the comm ball.

1 Like

Is it possible to get an address or are you far gone now? I’m also on PC, that’s why I ask. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How did it even squeeze that one out? It looks traumatised from the whole ordeal… Poor fella.

an unfortunate victim of some of “Emilys” stranger experiments within the simulation
"kiiiill… meeee… "

13 Likes

NMS v0.9 - or what would aliens get to see on our planet?
Here are some outstanding examples. Enjoy! :wink:

and a few more, if you like to see: Planet Earth Species :: The Cosmos of NMS

14 Likes

Kyle,

The orphaned comm ball was in the Unification Day system, so A00:9F:A01:100 in Euclid.

I saw some other weird things happening there on U Day so maybe either their servers were overwhelmed or their code did not scale well to all the traffic that day.

1 Like

Haha. Gotcha. Thanks!

1 Like

14 Likes

Every ship that left to fly S.E. from this space station, flipped over & zipped off across the landscape upside-down.
Must be some weird local custom. :crazy_face:

I have pics of 8 different ships doing this from various pads.

17 Likes

I don’t have a pick but yesterday I came into my freighter wrong and bounced off it and I couldn’t control my ship I just kept drifting backwards with no controls till I called my freighter to me again

8 Likes

I found out yesterday that ships can send you careening near trading posts. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Somebody was having fun there

3 Likes

Way too much fun lol

3 Likes

Man, that’s the perfect spot to get launched.

3 Likes

omg, that is hilarious! New NMS Olympic sport. Hahaha! What a perfect spot too. You should lay down terrain as markers for distance and see how far you can get. lol.

5 Likes

There is a glitch in the game where sometimes ships leave the trading post and immediately dive to a spot slightly below the ground under the trading post for a few seconds then take off from there. If you quickly run to the spot where the ships will reappear you can ride on top of the ship as it takes off. I have always slipped off before the ship gets very high but it’s a fun sport. You can also “sentinel surf” by jumping onto a sentinel from above.

More stuff like this should intentionally be put into the game.

10 Likes

I don’t know if this is actually funny but, I just returned from gathering Iridium on a nearby hill and found that someone has stolen the first floor entrance to my base.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

18 Likes

While doing a “repair” mission, the base I encountered was half submerged in the ground.
Looked like a mudslide victim.
Deterimined not to miss out on that sweet Organic Catalyst, I dug my way in to the door and successfully finished the task. This was actually a cool fault and would have made a fun real mission. Oddly the save point was also buried but the 2 shelters were not.

15 Likes

¡Hola! Me llamo Salvador Dalí.

xD

22 Likes

Exocraft - The Christmas Parking Problem

OR

Vehicle Camouflage - Expert Level

21 Likes