Steam Deck NMS

I am lovin’ it. Have not played much else on it. SW Lego for just a few minutes.

1 Like

Just a word of caution, when building a base, beware of cats who are hungry and like to head butt for attention…it is so sweet until they butt the left buttons and delete entire walls… and everything attached to them

4 Likes

lol mine just says fuk it and lays on top of everything your doing. Then flips upside and looks at you with big eyes saying “LOVE ME…”

3 Likes

@sheralmyst Is switching galaxy difficult on steam deck? It’s extremely difficult in plain wine. You can’t use free roam, so you need to use the yellow direction marker, but this yellow thing is lagging on plain wine.

1 Like

I have not had any issues. I played the whole expedition 6 and everything went smoothly. My graphic settings are low but I wouldn’t think that would affect the galactic map

For me the yellow thing didn’t move along with the mouse, I’ll try to use that direction marker without going to the center to see if it lags there as well.

1 Like

Picking up groceries but I will run some experiments on it when I get home
I think Steam Deck uses proton
Update: no problems. I spun the map round and round in every direction. Smooth as silk.
If only my windows version was so smooth. It has been running so badly lately with massive sudden frame rate drops that freeze up the entire game. I have a linux drive that is seriously out of date. I am thinking of updating it and making the big switch. I do not have a tpm module for win11 and the number of pins I need to get one is causing an issue.
I am really wondering how NMS will run on Switch. Really believe it will be a slimmer version.