SPOILER: Starbirth (Melody of the Egg arc)

Can I say how much I love that! :heart_eyes:
and the ships come in
“dozens of procedurally-generated variations.”

“Experience rare encounters with mysterious space objects and strange new lifeforms while pulsing through a star system.”

“NPCs now have the potential to hail your communicator in space.
These alien lifeforms often stock specialty items for sale – but some may need assistance, or approach with more questionable intentions…”

3 Likes

RIP Rudger Hauer. It’s nice they got to use his voiceover one more time.

Improved the range of the Exocraft Summoning Station, so that it allows Exocraft to be summoned from anywhere in the system.

Meh, I’d prefer it they’d just make it a ship tech that lets you summon exocraft in the vicinity of the ship…

I’ll definitely be looking forward to those space encounters, though! :slight_smile:

Also, space whales! :grin:

5 Likes

Can these new objects be scanned for?

EDIT ok nvrmnd.
Object Of Interest just showed up
Oh crap…it just disappeared! Pulled the vanishing fleet maneuver

3 Likes

I’m not sure. I’ve only found 2 so far.

When they appeared, I got a message saying something like “Object located - drop from jump to examine”, which apparently meant “slow your ship down”. And I did slow down, and I tried to examine the objects, but I couldn’t do anything with them.
I was in the middle of egg tasks at the time. Once the egg tasks were finished, I went back to have another try, - but the objects had gone.

I’m sure they will turn up again.

4 Likes

Got the message. It was an abandoned freighter. But as I got close, it vanished just like fleets were doing previously.
Also, there is a strange visible “warble” in the space station entrances

2 Likes

I just ran into an anomalous object in space that gave me a 15 digit code.
334-943-252-206-103

I just don’t know what to do with this number if there is anything lol

10 Likes

Wow. So awesome!

2 Likes

I’ve now been stopped twice in space by Korvax piots wanting me to repair their ships (it’s a Korvax system). Both times they’ve given me a small reward (handful of nanites) for helping.

4 Likes

So I have spawned a brain and I am awaiting contact…any info on how to move this along?
Edit nvrmnd…it is happening!

2 Likes

If it says “await contact” then just use pulse drive in space until you get contacted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So is it okay to post my pictures here so I don’t spoil anyone?

3 Likes

Sure. Put them under the hide details

This is something I found in space, an anomaly.

Spoiler Space Find

I found a… thing. A Gek First Spawn thing.

7 Likes

What! You just got the update like 5 minutes ago and you already found something?

2 Likes

I took off from my starter planet, flew towards another planet, and met the living ship, got the plot started, then took off again towards the same planet and got stopped by that thing lol

2 Likes

Here is how the 2nd day events unfolded.

Summary

mature stem

specifics
stirring egg

current inventory
mature stem
stirring void egg
fragile heart

3 Likes

Having a Star Trek moment here.

We come in peace.

3 Likes

Trading on the Go, I like it!

2 Likes

Well, that’s about time! How on earth did you make do without for so long? Could have fooled me! :smile:

5 Likes

It’s my spare brain. Back up for when the other one goes haywire.

5 Likes