Screenshots 🖼

Nice photos and chuckle-worthy captions. :+1:

5 Likes

@toddumptious -nice to hear from you again. You’ve been missed.

6 Likes

Sephiroth :laughing: Good to hear from you @toddumptious :heart: Nice screens!

6 Likes

I visited the old ETARC homeworld shrine

and received a warning in a vision

11 Likes

The Void Mother is coming…

nnn9dt3t2db11

9 Likes

I changed my name to Skeleton Worrior on steam just in case you’re wondering who the funk that is :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, but you can’t fool my superior intellect.

You kept your picture the same. :grin:

4 Likes

PS5 new game. Was sent to a buried tower for the Artemis mission. Actually added a nice element to the story. As if this ghost of a former Traveller was from a long, long time ago

2 orbs. Remember when we thought these did something?

9 Likes

Yeah. Some tried rolling one to a portal (prior to Atlas Rises).

6 Likes

I remember some of those people getting very angry and saying Hello Games were the worst for making them spend a year wasting their time trying to get Portals to function by rolling balls and reading into patterns on flags etc. The person posting maintained HG should have let them know it was never going to work, even though a community of data miners did their best to point it out for months :smiley:

6 Likes

I am still curious as to why the orbs are there. Why are we able to roll them? They are such curiosities. And so shiny. :sparkles:

4 Likes

Because they put Havoc in there, so you get this kind of thing basically for free. And they barely used any capabilities of the engine, so you may as well use some of it. I suspect that they expected to use local physics a lot more when they started development…

7 Likes

Also as a game developer from Waterford and because Havok physics engine was originally designed in Trinity College, Dublin, I think Sean is duty bound to include it in all games even if not fully utilized.

It’d be like leaving your mates without saying “Slán Abhaile” or “Safe home with ya now”. All hell could come crashing down.

Let’s not forget our favourite physics friends besides the giant brass balls (hey maybe it’s an injoke/reference to what was needed for Sean and co to tackle such a monumental task as Project Skyscraper)

Sentinel Cannisters. Dead Creatures… Ummm. Brass balls. Feck! Okay… Okay… is there just three things? I thought I was gonna bring more to the table there initially. Oh oh. Curious mold deposits, yeah booooi!

5 Likes

Found the HOTSPOT!
Now need to clean Faecium from Traveler’s Exosuit.

I wanted to capture a photo of “nearby” lightning when this happened.
I’d seen distant comets, but… Yipes!

@PETA: no traveler or living ship was injured in the making of this photo.

13 Likes

I love it. Perfect.

7 Likes

Sometimes they make storm crystals where they strike <3 What a fortunate moment and wonderful timing to flick in to photo mode. So many times I’ve been to slow on the trigger and missed some spectacles. Would be neat if storms had positive effects on living ships like increasing throttle or something or caused them to sing back to it :3

Okay I want a living ship that hums like Gizmo in rain storms so bad now.

9 Likes

Allegedly, in Windows, if you press Win+Alt-G you get a clip of the last 30 sec… Don’t ask me how it does that, it preemptively records all our games just in case we need a clip? Well, try it out, I only used it once by accident. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

11 Likes

That’s the xbox game bar, I had to turn mine off because steam overlay plus that plus nvidias capture plus my mouse came with some capture software i didnt notice. All running on top of eachother ;^ _ ^ Once I copped it my frames more or less tripled in some cases <3

Win+G will bring up the game bar.

I turn it back on from time to time because WIN+ALT+prtscr will take a screenshot of your currently active app, be it game or browser or desktop. Handy in some cases.

I think by default, similar to how ps4/xbone behaved, xbox game bar is always recording your game footage in the background up to a set point (can make it longer than 30 secs with higher bitrate too if you wish).

I turn it back on for games that don’t require too much from my PC and have immense potential for emergent gameplay (Valheim being the main one, so many moments nobody would have believed if I didnt have my system storing the last 15 minutes of gameplay)

Oh hey, any of my ETARC fam play Valheim? I’ve had a server I’ve been running non stop for two years now, lots of lovely builds my friends made in there <3 PM me if you would like to visit :wink: I might make a proper post about it when the next update lands.

5 Likes

Yeah. Lucky. I’d been holding down the Ctrl key and waiting. Then as soon as the bolt struck, I pressed 1 to activate Photo mode. Only then did I find the comet/meteor strike behind me.

I’m so very lucky I got this shot.

6 Likes