Screenshots 🖼

Desirable Real Estate

The only dry land on the whole planet…

12 Likes

Wow! I’ve been looking for a planet like that, but never found one. How deep does it go?

4 Likes

I don’t know, I didn’t stay - just landed long enough to claim the planet and take the picture. But the one tiny island I found is the top of one of those very tall, thin, mountains - so I reckon the water is as deep as the game can possibly make it.

5 Likes

I was cruising along over this planet, and there was a ridge ahead. Then behind the ridge, a huge structure appeared. I thought “That’s big”, and I flew on over the ridge. Over the ridge, I realised the thing was sitting in a holllow, and I thought “That’s really big”.

I turned round, flew back to the ridge, landed, and took a few pictures.

I don’t know about you, but I find the pop-in with these things really bad. I fly along and there’s nothing ahead, and nothing, and nothing, and… BAM! An immense stucture appears out of nowhere.

The reverse is also true - you don’t have to get very far away, and they disappear again. And that makes them really hard to find if you want to go back. I’ve started planting beacons on them, so I can find them.

I also get confused about the scale of these trading post / archives. To me, this one looks much bigger than usual - but is that an illusion caused by it being in a hole in the ground?

I haven’t noticed this before - there are Gek holograms in the foyer. It doesn’t show in the still picture, but they’re animated - they’re talking (or maybe singing?). Singing would be nice.

In a final attempt to get an impression of just how big this thing really is, I flew around it for a while, but the pictures just don’t do it justice. During gameplay, it looks HUGE.

11 Likes

The size compared to the landing pad at its feet looks normal to me. These archives have very different shapes though, it’s possible that this shape emphasises its tallness, and an e.g. round shape of the same volume makes it look more squat.

I‘ve noticed the holograms before the pet update for the first time, either they are rare, or HG smuggled in some more decorations recently.

4 Likes

It is. I suspect that there’s issues with placing buildings at farther distances (we know about the floating monoliths already), and since these things are so huge that distance isn’t enough to make their appearance look natural.

The base is always the same, with a different superstructure put on top. Some of these are taller than others, that’s true, but the scale of the base is always the same.

3 Likes

I have flown into the Archives because they pop into existence so suddenly.
The Gek hologram is uncommon. I too wish they could be heard. I have not seen any holograms for Korvax or Vy’Keen Archives.

2 Likes

From Me to All of You

18 Likes

Keep that last one handy for Valentine’s day

2 Likes

I do like these characters. They remind me of Edmund Dulac illustrations. They’re somewhere between butterflies, ballet dancers, and angels.

17 Likes

Extreme Survival (an adventure in finally fulfilling the Milestone - Level 7 achieved)

14 Likes

A couple of days ago I got caught in one of those lightning storms, so I hid in my ship. Lightning struck the ship, destroyed it, and killed me.

I didn’t know that could happen. We live and learn (or die, in this case). :frowning_face:

16 Likes

That is a crazy amount of lightning in one area. Did you get all shook up?

4 Likes

Oh yeah but, I have been through worse. However, I did get nicked by this one. It hurt. A lot. @Polyphemus 's revelation that our ships can be destroyed is a bit worrisome but, I like it. :ghost:

6 Likes

Destroyed as in, the components inside all needed repair, like after going through a black hole? Or destroyed as in, deleted from your starship list?

4 Likes

Destroyed as in, the screen went black, I got a discouraging message from Larry Niven, and I was resurrected at a crash site on a nearby planet. My entire ship’s inventory was gone, and my economy scanner was broken.

Although I had been on the planet surface (in my ship) at the time the lightning hit me, I found my grave (full ships inventory) in space above the planet I died on.

9 Likes

:rofl: That just took the “Oh pretty” feeling right out of the lightning! :hot_face: :scream:

9 Likes

12 Likes

May the 4th be with you !

15 Likes

Tremendous, love the creativity, thank you for sharing!

5 Likes