Screenshots 🖼

Was hoping you were swallowed whole, would be exciting! :grin:

All hail the Radish Queen!

I’m on top of the world!

I hear the theme from Close Encounters of the Third Kind

11 Likes

Nah, they’re harmless. More likely to get beaten to a pulp by a giant teddy-bear.

I can’t work out what this is you’re standing on. But no doubt it’ll be fun to find out. Ditto the close encounters pic.

Now for something completely different. I’ve never really been into taking screenshots, but every world seems so beautiful and serene and weird that I can’t help myself.

Even frosty planets, which all looked exactly the same before origin, seem to offer something new.

I typed in a random portal address and it took me here. (Have portals always autocorrected?) Another goth world. You can’t really see it, but filled with giant vulture like creatures. Very quiet and eerie. This is the dead of night.

Another thing that may be new, but probably isn’t. I remember Polyphemus made a nice little write up on finding ships on the surface, to sell for scrap. If you have a Nautilon, it has a addon which can find sunken ships. Good money as well. Loving the new deeper oceans.

Finally, a Plasmic Accident which gives a cursed item. Going to keep it to see if anything happens.

11 Likes

8 Likes

I came across something fascinating today in an asteroid field. I was too excited by the discovery to take Photo Mode pics.

Summary

A scan revealed nothing.

It’s apparently rather large, as you see two ships fly past one of the objects, one in front and the other behind.

I flew up as close as I felt comfortable, but could only interact with it by shooting it, which yielded this.

11 Likes

So I was on a cold planet and the mountains were very steep. :cowboy_hat_face:

The same goes for this planet and some amazing flora. :hibiscus:

9 Likes

I’ve never fought with spaceship sentinels much, so I’d thought I’d give it a try. I went all out, maxing out the alert level, or whatever it’s called. Everything was pretty easy. Until this bad boy warped in, with all it’s weapons pointed on me. :eyes:

Covered in lasers and turrets, navigating around it in my beginner ship while avoiding/fighting the smaller ships, this capital ship put the pressure on in the battle.

Once I understood its attacks and timing, it was so easy to take down, I did 2 more on my way to the space station. Got some decent loot from the ordeal, if I had a fleet to use it with anyway, and sold it off at the trading hub.

13 Likes

I like fighting the sentinels sometimes due to the fact I can get temporary upgrades for my frigates. :grinning:

4 Likes

Meteor almost strike.

Summary

9 Likes

Vermillion planet.

10 Likes

12 Likes

11 Likes

10 Likes

As I was taking pic of the land starships flew above in the distance.

7 Likes

I was using a space anomaly detector and a black hole showed up when I used it, so I went through it. :grinning:

9 Likes

Huh, where did you get that detector? I never saw one of those…

3 Likes

These were added with the Desolation update (2.60) :link:

SPACE ENCOUNTER GUIDANCE

Mining asteroids in space now has the chance to reveal an Anomaly Detection Beacon. These single-use devices can probe local space and detect nearby anomalous objects for investigation and potential rewards.

3 Likes

Ohhh, those. Right, I remember the patch note, but I hadn’t ever seen one, so I forgot.

3 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

I was flying to my planet when this hailed me…, :grin:

11 Likes