Screenshots v1.5-1.77

I keep thinking of King Kong when I see your portal!

Is that you @sheralmyst I hear screaming wildly…? Don’t worry we’ll save you!!!
There is a good trailer for the 1938 film here But I don’t think that’s Sheralmyst… Maybe her great-grandmother possibly… :wink:

8 Likes

One of my great-grandmothers was Irish and the other was Choctaw…not sure either one would have been scared by a big monkey, :grin: of course, if you go by the newer Peter Jackson version, they could have danced their way out of the situation, so yeah, if you listen closely you will hear me tap dancing and Kong screaming with laughter. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

13 Likes

D_2wyDxWsAEkaud

11 Likes

Finally reached another NMS personal milestone: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

NMS%202K%20Hrs%20Played

I’ve been enjoying this planet quite a lot lately:

I’ve witnessed a number of these freighters crashed underwater:

And here is an interesting visual glitch that occured between dimensions–on the cusp of below deep water and above it. I wonder if Emily is trying to reach me from Beyond…?:

That’s a pretty cool interference pattern. :hugs:

14 Likes

9 Likes

D_818-_XkAAH69I

12 Likes

D__aG4FWwAALE1s

10 Likes

Wondering what will come from BEYOND…

11 Likes

Found a hidden comm left by @johnnycloud. Had to find the correct cave and then the correct path and then swim for it. Good Scavenger Hunt!

Right after that, I found myself entering the Jedi Trials. (Looks like Vader) :laughing: Which path do I take?

And 1 oddity that has existed since NEXT hit. My planet states that the sentinels are aggressive but, they have never attacked me.

12 Likes

aggressive is not hostile. Aggressive means they will attack pretty quickly when they scan you mining stuff or shooting animals, but it does not mean they’ll attack you on sight.

4 Likes

Thanks! I never really pay attention to that stuff…sentinels are always the enemy :smile:

3 Likes

You learn the difference pretty quickly in survival mode, because there almost all planets that do not have a natural hazard have hostile sentinels…

4 Likes

I might add, they attacked @johnnycloud as soon as he stepped through the Portal. Not sure if he provoked them.

3 Likes

If a planet has Gravatinos then the Sentinels are guaranteed to attack.
Otherwise they range from completely docile to very easily cranky.

(Since NEXT I noticed that in survival mode there are better odds of finding a LUSH type planet that isn’t full of cranky sentinels. I was fortunate enough to have one in my starting system & have found a few in my 2 permadeath games).

3 Likes

There I was minding my own business having just arrived at your planet portal, rubbing my eyes and suddenly I’m running for my life!!! Maybe it’s because I haven’t taken off my spacesuit for nearly three years and eighteen galaxies lol
Clearly those ‘Dyson’ Sentinels you employ on your decking area, wanted to dry clean me before allowing me to step inside your immaculately designed base. I swear I did nothing to provoke them honest!

This is how in fact I found that cave. It was the deepest safest place I could escape to and one persistent sentinel even followed me in! Did you find the other little object I left behind in the cave? I wonder if you can pick it up … :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oops! Missed the landing pad!:

What lies Beyond?:

Time to find out!:

11 Likes

It is in the cave? I will have another look. Had to quit suddenly tonight.

2 Likes

OK. Does this locked room’s holo projection of a star system hold in-game significance?
I had not seen this before.

9 Likes

Older players remember the epic hunt for this mythical system, and while a few were found that matched the schema, nothing was discovered there. It was back in the crazy days before atlas rises, where believe that HG had hidden some giant puzzle in the game that would unlock the real center was still pursued with religious fervor.

8 Likes