Screenshots v1.5-1.77

haaaa ok!!! So the way you explain it, I now understand… so you don’t get closer to the center but completely in a different place! ok ok ok…

2 Likes

Well, not significantly closer, in any case. At least not after the early game, but during the early game fixing up that boat again can be a real pain. I’ve never had a black hole jump where I got further away, so there’s that.

2 Likes

Green Hi-drogen! First time!

11 Likes

So the best way to the center is to follow the path given given by Nada? I have never tried going there myself.

Some pics since the Visions update.

Blood red caves look like the insides of a giant creature.

Happy to report Gravatino Hosts are not extinct.

This planet had the most intense orange hue and massive plantlife.

11 Likes

Black holes send you in a spiral, you can average 8k closer with each one, unless you are in the outer rim areas close to the fade - in which case you can find hyper black holes

3 Likes

I think blackholes can go further than hyperdrives, but then you have to deal with ship damage. So yeah, direct is probably better but the given path tends to meander a lot. Probably best to just keep pointing towards the light and warping as far as you can.

3 Likes

Do a combo-meal, pick a black hole around 2k towards the center, use it for another 8k or so - average 10k a jump. The black holes won’t damage the default tech you are stuck with on each ship, so grab a junker with no upgrades for it. If you use you freighter to jump to the bh, you can just run down and hop in that floating trash can and go.

2 Likes

Not necessarily, since that computes very short jumps. With a good hyperdrive you can take routes that jump through a lot of empty space the generated route navigates around.

Further yes, but in distance traveled closer to the center, I have never had a black hole jump that could beat two jumps of a good hyperdrive. And those two jumps are a lot less hassle. Unless you’re using SingularGleams method, that works fairly well.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Have fallen in love with the night again

13 Likes

10 Likes

Wow! I have noticed a lot of golden shades with Visions but, that is luxurious. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Wheeee!

10 Likes

Pet size?

11 Likes

13 Likes

Nice, I didn’t know they had a Pratchett quote

3 Likes

This reminds me, when I first died in this game on launch day, I repeatedly killed myself a few more times just to see what other quotes they had :relaxed:

6 Likes

I actually saw that one once. I found it really hilarious considering Rincewinds “Mission Patch” in the book: Morituri nolumus mori! :rofl:

4 Likes

We who are about to die, don’t want to! Rincewind is probably my favorite character - although it would be a close call with many others

3 Likes