Screenshots v1.5-1.77

The alien thing is still sulking. :grimacing:

17 Likes

OOh perhaps you can get an invite from @Dragoon4205 to go visit the lava planet in the desciption, Lawrencen Noich :slight_smile: (Waves hitchhiking towel at the sky)

3 Likes

hitch460

6 Likes

No towel’s gonna help me there. I’m on GoG! :smile:

Happy Cake Day!

1 Like

That looks exactly like my S-class did when it’s shape got changed after NEXT.

Just casually passing by ancient ruins! https://twitter.com/SimranD1502/status/1024317385497620480?s=19![IMG_20180731_163839|690x388](upload://6CNJHBefGQH9bWMUK7HN8gOZxNV.jpg)

16 Likes

They were trekking a bit too much and found themselves just This Side of Paradise :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

We are Groot.

3 Likes

I am a golden god…on my stairway to heaven…

16 Likes

Is it just me, or are those enormous snappies by your base?

Don’t these in game screenshots remind you of old 1980s Sci fi book covers :heart_eyes: https://twitter.com/SimranD1502/status/1024420145815543814?s=19

15 Likes

Bridged - 1

Bridged - 2

Chillin’

My name is O-Leg

21 Likes

I touched the eggs… :blush:

13 Likes

I seriously wonder how many newcomers to NMS, who never played it before, might be put off by the starting situations, if they’re that difficult to get to grips with, in what would feel to a newcomer like a “reasonable time”.

I’ve seen a “How did you die” kinda thread around, and some sort of “New 1.5 Experiences” thread…

… but I have a mind to start one SPECIFICALLY to explore:
What difficulties, if any(?!?), players (esp newcomers) feel the Starting / Tutorial scenarios present;
what are people’s biggest (new) bugbears,
and what we – as a Community – might pass along to @HelloGames / @SeanMurray for the team’s consideration to “tweak” …

[-pix-]
“I’ve Looked at Clouds from Both Sides Now…”

Gosh… what was that lady’s name? My mother played that song quite a lot when I was small… :open_mouth:
“It’s clouds’ illusions, I recall … I really don’t know clouds . . . . . a-at all…” :frowning:
Yes, the song was named “Both Sides Now”, I think…

… and the clouds in your pix make me think of floating, fluffy, non-landable landmass shapes.
(I wonder if that’s part of their programming? … and then a function to “warp”, spread, clump, etc…)

Nice to know I’m not the only one who enjoys pseudo-scientific creature-naming conventions!
:smiley: :+1:
I decided to name (most) things in ways that give some kind of “first-impressions descriptor”

If needed, a prefix with an extreme-size reference, so GIANT gets “Giga-” & tiny gets “Mini-”/“Micr-”.
I start with “major”/primary colour indicator (RGBY: rosa, verti, azuro, yelo/jauni … etc), followed by
For fauna:
… something describing its most significant / standout / easiest-spotted-from-distance parts, and then
… something which helps “classify” it, based on similarities to familiar Earth creatures…
For inanimates:
they get an indicator of “category” of inanimate, so ALL of my:
… rocks are “-geo-”. Ceiling / Ground (i.e. stalactite / stalagmite) forms get “-tite” / “-mite” (or “-ite”) suffixes;
… trees are “-arbi-/-arbo-”, with something to distinguish it about its trunk and/or canopy leaves;
etc.
(My red Thamium plants ended up becoming rosiflora thamipoda cuz of their harvestable PODS…)

In my hands, your red/purple creature, w/ its “chicken legs” might’ve been named something like
purpurabladderis rosagallupedis . . . :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl: :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle:
… but I think I may have just gone with (Giant?) Crystalwinged Flying Ant for the other one. :wink:

10 Likes

14 Likes

Sliding down to my ship for the first time on a new Permadeath save before the elements claim me.

16 Likes

Yes, “Both Sides Now”. Her name is Joni Mitchell, Canadian-born singer/songwriter-musician-artist/painter. Her BLUE album got me inspired to write and perform my own blues songs.

http://jonimitchell.com/

Thanks for the delightful response to my post here. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Looks at first like your toon is being blown away by the severe storms! Hahah!

2 Likes

13 Likes