Real Time Pandemic Tracker

Show her this for clarification:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-53452494/elbow-bumping-as-eu-leaders-greet-each-other

2 Likes

It’s really hard to bump elbows when you are supposed to maintain a 2 meter physical separation.
:slight_smile:

and, later today…

But deniers and selfish people will still continue to expose themselves and (if asymptomatic) others.

3 Likes

Hey! At least they are wearing masks. :mask: I am happy to say that everyone was wearing a mask when I picked up groceries earlier today. It was so nice to see!

5 Likes

… A very interesting article…

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB171wCM?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

3 Likes

USA TODAY: Rookie middlemen muddle the government’s effort to buy coronavirus supplies.

3 Likes
3 Likes

A sobering thought, but anti-authority hate groups and anti-social people make this a non-starter…

4 Likes
1 Like

Just some more anecdotes from a layperson (you can check official charts to see what I describe in words expressed in graphs/numbers):

I mentioned that Czechia managed to starve the number of new cases through a two-month shutdown. The number of new cases per day stabilised around a 50, and in June, the restrictions were slowly lifted.
In July, it simply went back to how it had been in May, about 200 new cases per day. Not a disaster (yet), but we have practically been undoing the successes of two months of restrictions. :unamused:
Only the distribution is now different: Most cases were very localised, in meat processing plants or nightclubs — but still, it’s easy to relapse.

(The same is happening in some other countries too, I looked at Austria and Australia, Czechia is just one example.)

2 Likes

It is looking more and more like a vaccine is an absolute must to curtail this stuff. At least some parts of the world have been able to show some common sense. That seems to be in short supply here. I am starting to think that we are going to end up with another shut down. If that happens, I believe it will be complete and enforced by Martial Law, something I have not experienced in my lifetime.

2 Likes

Thought I’d pass this on.

4 Likes

A friend of mine woke up to a notice in her door of a positive case in her apartment complex. :scream: That is about 13 minutes from me…

4 Likes

That much had always been clear. The purpose of the lockdown was to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed, not for “starving out the bug”. In many places, the lockdown was actually too successful, giving a false sense of “it’s over now” when it was lifted. It has always been clear that social distancing measures of some form would be required until a vaccine can be effectively deployed.
(and even then, good luck getting the people in your crazy country to actualy take it…)

7 Likes

"Here’s your sign. "
Businesses are not protecting their employees and many blue collar workers need to work to help their family survive.

3 Likes

:smiley: So cute!

3 Likes

:scream: Way too fast!
The Hill: Russia planning mass COVID-19 vaccination campaign for October | TheHill.

3 Likes

Huh, I should basically be immune then… I have the common cold about 8 months of the year… :laughing:

2 Likes

5… there are 5 solids… there are 5 fingers per hand… i’m comment 500… I looked at my tinfoil armour 5 times this morning…

2 Likes