LOL! As i was reading Clemm’s post I half expected that! :joy:

4 Likes

60%, and timer has reset back to 16 days. June 6-7

7 Likes

8 Days 22 hours to go for timer.
74%

%3 percent per day…June 7th…gonna be watchin you

5 Likes

Sean seriously did you just drop an apple??

Now a green apple?

5 Likes

Ah… Newtonian physics. To ignore the most obvious “apple” guess, Perhaps an overhaul of the physics engine?

5 Likes

Apple Event starts June 5 so it all lines up. Long time to leave just 1 item unlocking…

3 Likes

OMG, could you even imagine the outrage if they suddenly put in an inertial flight model? Everybody’d be like “they broke spaceflight!” :laughing:

8 Likes

yup still no activity since the emoji tweets…so pre hype maybe.

3 Likes

Well I finally got the 1800qs mission to show up today. It wanted me to gather almost a thousand activated indium. The 1800qs mission has been bugging out on me for the last few weekends, so this time when I showed up I jumped on it.

However, it took me to a planet that was nothing but steep mountains, with nowhere to land a ship, and blinding storm after storm, as well as extreme night temperatures. lol

Then the iridium nodes were all vertical. Here is me trying not to fall off the mountain wile mining a vertical node in a storm: :joy:

I was sorry to have taken the mission until I finally found a tiny spot to land on the peak of one of the mountains. Quite the adventure! :grin:

I managed to complete the mission this time. I’m so stubborn. But next time it sends me to such a terrible planet, I will abort the mission and try again. Very long story short I finally got my 1800 quicksilver!

5 Likes

I really hate those planets for missions. :sweat_smile: They are exhausting. Especially if you get attacked by sentinels while cracking your ankles on an impossible slope

4 Likes

Where I landed there was a bit more flat space. I didn’t look around this time, but my best strategy for planets like this is to go to space, wait for the storm to end so I can see if there is any large areas of water. If so land near the water’s edge, it is often much less vertical. And if the mission is something that allows it (like feeding critters), just land somewhere, take off and go to some other planet for a more chill experience.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed this happening the last few weeks too. Going back in and out seems to make it behave.

What I want to know is who the hell is Stu and how do they keep getting first dibs naming the weekend systems on PC XD

4 Likes

::Slaps forehead:

You just made me realise that I forgot to upload that planet.

Stu is probably taking advantage of dolts like me :joy:

3 Likes

Probably lives in a preferential timezone, and is dedicated to the task…

4 Likes

Believe it or not I went on to reddit this morning and someone was asking the same thing (yes, me, on reddit, what have I become this week, I can’t believe it either, but it’s not as scary as it was in 2016, unless you use the word pride, in which case the homophobots detect yr post and come for you, tripling their efforts this year/month).

Turns out it’s a trick he’s doing with system clock. Apparently someone named DoubleDashGaming used to be at it (I recall seeing the name) but they lost their inventory to a gamesave edit or bug and stopped playing.

I guess that’s how playing for clout can ruin a game on you instantly when it decides to not go your way :clown_face:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/13zk59y/who_is_stu/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

The post for those interested, some of the replies are gas. A lot of love for the deity of Stu.

Reminds me of the tech intern during the waking titan streams that fed Mr/Ms Noodles. Doug? What did we christen the poor lad? Greg? Was something… Short.

5 Likes

Bob!

6 Likes

Ah yes, the shortest of short names. And the best of planet names.

Planetbob

5 Likes

So looks like I may be right after all…from a certain point of view

6 Likes