[Possibly OOC] Does people who don't follow Atlas's guidance still have a place in the universe?

#theAtlasisslavery.

I’ve thought that from Day 1. I land at Atlas stations, learn all the words, then leave. I don’t even look at it before I take off. I explore the galaxy and am beholden to no one. In fact, I am busily building my banana republic in the outer rim off the backs of my Gek laborers and selling black market pearls and lube. I am a generous, benevolent,yet ruthless military dictator.

1 Like

Personnaly at the begginning of my journey I didn’t lock myself into the Atlas path, doing everything very slowely. I stayed a lot of time in my first planet and then I started to move slowely ahead.
The thing is that the monoliths and the bits of stories just blew me ere for me totally amazing And I started soon to wonder what the drawings could mean etc…
Than came along the first Atlas Interface floating in the sky … juat in front of me. I was terribly impressed about being inside and that huge thing kinda looking at me, everything looked very agressive to me… and I thought that I would first try to level up my spaceship, and gear and than just try to be prepared for whatever the Atlas was leading to…
Anyways, time has passed and improvements have been done!
Now searching for a portal and a home, settle down and be ready for what comes next citizens!

This is just the beggining…

3 Likes

In one year of playing, I’ve never once been on the Atlas path, I’ve never even seen an Atlas Interface (other than looking it up outside the game).

I do not hate Atlas. It seems a bit aggressive to me but I am open to learning more about it and engaging with it. But as some here have said, I don’t feel like I wish to be ‘subservient’ to Atlas, which is what it seems to ask of you. I like to make my own path, and so I have always done so.

I don’t think this will put us at a ‘disadvantage’ in the update, or lock us out of content - ie. I would imagine similar to now, if there is more story down the Atlas path, there probably will be more down the non-Atlas path as well.

Of course I have no idea for sure, we’ll find out soon enough! :slight_smile:

Even if we will be put into a disadvantage lore-wise, it would be fine, too, since that means we can finally attempt to go against Atlas rather than simply ignoring it.

There’s a difference between “the game allows you to not do something” and “the game allows you to do something else”. By far, our only choice, if we don’t follow Atlas, is to ignore it. But, it would be awesome if we can do something so glitchy that, Atlas has to stop us.

2 Likes