No Man’s Sky—v1.3 Screenshots & Art

// PART 2 //

Blurry / Artistic pictures!

Here’s a little collection of the pictures that I cannot easily classify, some are blurry, some are just filter testing!

Hope you enjoy them!

!
Atlas Station // Blurry Mode

Anomaly // Comic Book Mode

Polo // Comic Book Mode

Armored Base // Comic Book Mode

Monolith // Comic Book Mode

Landscape // Vintage Mode - Max Color
!
Monolith // Dark Filter

Hiding Between Asteroids :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
vintage // blurry
Hope you guys enjoyed those “little different” pictures!

Until next post, wish you all a nice Sunday!

15 Likes

I am not sure where to post this but, I remember some were wanting a NMS theme for their PS4. This will not get you a theme but, it will allow you to create your own NMS wallpaper.How to import custom wallpapers for your PlayStation 4 | Android Central

2 Likes

Tiger hunting ?

Why paying for an exotic S-class ? :yum:
First time i see this type with the “tiger style”. (in yellow then)

12 Likes

woohoo!

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

A few exotic shots

11 Likes

but when i tried to take off with it it was more something like:

3 Likes

Not sure why I find the ‘Oz’ on the last ship so amusing, but it is.

3 Likes

Here’s a recap of the best monolith I’ve seen!

15 Likes

Creating this lovely golden filigree had the effect of almost swallowing my ship whole!:

I noticed in the distance two columnar nodes of gold (“There’s GOLD,in them there hills!”) and thought to make a quick profit by landing between them, fully exploiting them, and sending the spoils to my freighter to create room for further exploration.

I ran a short distance to pick up some T9, turned on Camera mode, starting taking shots of the filigree, but as I zoomed closer, I noticed this humungus sky hole at the base of the first node, bare inches from where my ship was sitting! (exaggeration for effect) I think my heart stopped for a second.

I crawled very carefully around to the other side of the ship to enter it, and lifted off before it and I were swallowed up:

Here’s a night shot of it made by moving the sun (Such powers we have!) :smiley: :

14 Likes

“I realized the moment I fell into the fissure, the book would not be destroyed as I had planned…”
-Myst-
I have seen similar things. They are indeed worrisome.

5 Likes

Atrus knows the ancient art of writing “linking books” that serve as PORTALS to other worlds known as “Ages”.

Because of the decay of Riven’s structure, the only way to clearly signal Atrus is to bring about a massive disturbance in the Age’s stability—accomplished by reopening the Star Fissure, which Gehn had closed. When it opens, Atrus immediately links to Riven to investigate and meets the player at the brink of the Fissure. This is dangerous!

Depending on the player’s actions (known as the Stranger), the ending to Riven certainly varies. So many critical decisions. And… Can an entire civilization be exiled? …let alone, in time?

6 Likes

Wow! Played Myst so long ago I had totally forgotten about it! Fantastic game. Probably the only puzzle game I ever truly enjoyed.

Indeed.

2 Likes

…it’s in your name “@SheralMyst:wink:

Me and @Viconix, too!

I wish they’d work out a Steam pack in ‘updated’ Windows…
Myst (series) 1-5 w/ Uru and expansion packs. I’d impulse buy!

Impossible for me to play NMS w/out 1st reminiscing the Myst universe.

2 Likes

I experienced this as well, except on a ‘bountiful’ planet.
Same manner as described; Walk away, come back.
For you it was Gold. For me it was Heridium…
An abnormally large stack. I mean it was huge!

Since then, I’ve often wondered what would happen if one of us walked off into the ‘fissure’.

Create a restore point, backup our game file… and then DROP
Recording video (through OBS) &/or screenshots all the way.

How far would we drop?
How long would we last?
Could we somehow get back?

Jetpack? Gravity? - Reach a limit?

So perhaps in our signaling Hello Games to reopen the “star gates” / the portals they had closed…
We created a massive disturbance in No Man’s Sky; Right down to unraveling the fabrics of realities.

Similar discussion continues here…

5 Likes

I was wishing I hadn’t panicked-sort-of. If I’d had the presence of mind I would have done what you suggested and got in my ship and flown into the fissure! ;`)

^^ This. :`D

3 Likes

Did you try RealMYST masterpiece ?

A Unity version where we freely can run everywhere like in Uru.

5 Likes
11 Likes

loved it! :heart_eyes: Have any of you played Obduction and found the little easter egg in one of the rooms? It is not listed as one on the wiki but, there is a book in a corner and on the cover is a man falling backwards. When you examine it, the title is Unwritten and it has Atrus words from Myst on the back. The title comes from the phase ‘The ending has not yet been written’ which is how I will always feel about the Myst series.

3 Likes

There is not a single game that has impressed me as much as Myst. Of course this was about 25 years ago when games were still improving at a rapid pace. I was intrigued by not only the graphics, but the deep story within as well. I have been a huge fan ever since and played every sequel that followed. Riven, in my opinion was the best sequel and became my all time favourite game in general. The whole backstory, the Universe of Myst, the novels based on the games, written by David Wingrove and the community, is just wonderful. There is not a single game out there, where I have felt like I did in any of the Myst games. These wonderful, mysterious, and dreamy sci-fi worlds, are just amazing, with such depth you hardly ever see in a game.

@sheralmyst Of course I have played Obduction! I was so excited when Cyan showed up on Kickstarter for this new game back in late 2013. I right away backed them with the ‘Gimme the Box’ tier without hesitation. Followed all the news about it and even joined Myst Online again to join some of the meetings in the cavern with RAWA (Richard A. Watson) speaking for example. The community is just wonderful, one of the best ever experienced. The long wait and late delivery had been well worth it and I was proud to see my name in the credits. A great game, although it did not quite live up to the expectations I had.

Of course, as a big fan, I also follow any news and Mysterium every year, although sadly never visited. This years Mysterium will be in St. Louis, MO, August 3rd-5th. Fans of Myst should also check out The Starry Expanse Project, which is an official fan project to remake the game Riven: The Sequel to Myst in real time 3D. I am personally looking forward to release :wink:

Some links:
Myst Online URU Live again (MO:ULagain)
Mysterium - The annual celebration of all things Myst, D’ni, and Cyan

I could have said or talked about a lot more, but seems a bit off topic here… Sora t’Sem

4 Likes

I found all the Backer Reward Items and the book is on the Gamepedia wiki:
Unwritten - Adventures in the Ages of Myst and Beyond

4 Likes