No Man’s Sky—v1.3 Screenshots & Art

@dersvr

I’ve tried to capture how high up you are most of the time here, before opening out to vast green rolling hills.

15 Likes

And we continue the journey, this time on a radiated planet.

As I said, I’ll most probably forget to create snapshots of the planet from space - and guess what, I did.

The first picture there is from the Monoliths on the planet, which look exactly like the ones shown in the E3 footage back before release:

This is the first time I came across these. I saw all kinds of Monoliths before, but this one was a first. (Does anyone know how many types of Monoliths exist in the game?)

Up next (no, won’t make that joke) are some kind of terraces, high up on the mountain. Unfortunately, they aren’t very visible on the pictures I made:

Anyhow, they sight from the very top of the mountain was much more impressive:

The shape of some resource deposits never fail to amaze me. This here is a very strangely shaped arc of Nickel:

Likewise, the sunsets grant an amazing scenery almost everytime:

Characteristic for the planet is the large, open cave terrain:

And another arc, this time of solid rock. I call it “Hell’s Gate”. I guess I don’t have to explain why:

Of course, the colors are caused by the evening sun. Such arcs look quite different during the day. Like this longer open tunnel:

Did I mention that I like arcs?

And more interesting lightening, this time a closer look at the red ceiling in the tunnel from the picture before:

Now this is a very strange shape of a resource deposit. Really. Looks like a sculpture:

The Monoliths on the planet are quite close to each other. So close, that you can actually see both of them on the same picture:

And even more strange sculptures, I called it the “Overseer” for its impressive height:

An open cave just next (no) to it, looking like the maw of a huge beast, like a “Juggernaut”:

Very open caves indeed:

And concluding this planet, a spherical Monolith. Coupled together with an amazing view from a large mountain:

Now, I should add that I don’t post as frequently as I play, thus I’m currently posting the images taken from last Sunday. They add quickly together and to post them all together would make my posts too large to enjoy.

I feel like I already hit the limit with the amount of pictures in this post. Hope that I don’t clog up the thread with my screenshots. If this is the case, please tell me. I’ll then try to make my posts shorter and put less pictures in.

I’ll post some (not all) of my remaining screenshots tomorrow, and after that I’m taking a longer break since I’m going on vacation. Hopefully I’ll get some rest both from work as well as from NMS and WT, since all these things together put some stress on me. Not taken negatively, but my body gets exhausted, as well as my mind.

Other than that, there’s some amazing stuff coming up. And I’m talking about the things I’ve seen already and the pictures I made of them. Among them the most mindblowing thing I ever seen in NMS ever. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed. My reaction when I came across it was literally “what in the ever living hell … how is that even possible?!”

Yeah, enough teasing around here. As I said, I’ll post some more pictures tomorrow, before I go on vacation. Unfortunately, that mindblowing thing won’t be in there, since it would then be 60 images in one post, and that is just too much.

And I’m not sure if I’m getting too much Off-Topic and blabber around here anyway. Perhaps I should create an own thread for it - that is, if this is wanted or even allowed.

Asking for feedback (if it wasn’t that obvious already). :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Okay, since nobody replied I assume this format is alright.

The following planet is another lush green world, although covered in large oceans. Even though the islands are quite small, the mountain ranges there are very impressive in size:

Needless to say, my exocraft of choice this time was the Nomad. Since I had to travel great distances over sea, the Roamer was an absolute no-go.

Rarely I take screenshots during the night, since it is just too dark to see anything well.

But this time, it was an exception. The nightsky was illuminated by the other planets in the system, which made it a pretty sight (would’ve made more sense if it was a moon, but oh well) :

And of course the sunrise over the sea is no less beautiful:

Found some very strange looking sea creatures on that planet. I did see similar ones before, but none quite like these:

Of course, what would a gallery with a sunrise be without a sunset:

Those mountains can be some great platforms for jumps down:

And this image captures the sense of scale for those oceans pretty good:

Concluding this planet, a view from the peak of the highest mountain I came across there:

Once I catalogued all creatures on the planet, I headed off for other planets.

This time I remembered to take a shot before landing on the planet. It is a desert wasteland with large canyons and several megaliths.

At the first tradeport I found I parked my ship and built up a roamer geobay for exploration.

The first remarkable thing I found was these columns of rock, which I called “Elders”:

Another shot during the night, this time because of the very eerie glow the marrow bulbs create. Due to their color being the same as the strange bulbs on the ceiling of caves, this caused a very creepy scenery:

A very interesting feature about this planet - every place with a marker has a flag attached. Usually, there are only flags at ship crashsites, but here they are at every single spot:

Even more intriguing, there are flags at crashsites, too - however, they are different flags from the one scattered all over the planet’s places:

Fortunately for me, this planet has a large supply of Albumen Pearls. I both stacked up my inventory with those pearls as well as with Dimensional Matrix units, which I got from the Sentinel quadropods that spawned upon collecting those pearls.

You could say, I used a nuisance as a source of stacking up my stock of very rare items. Quite a deal.

Oh, and in case you wonder - I still am looking for the last drat creature on the lush world I’ve shown you a few posts back.

I took the most desperate measure in order to try to find it, by using an existing puddle to increase it a hundredfold into a lake that might increase the possibility of water creatures spawning there.

Unfortunately, to no avail so far:

And another planet, this time a “lava world” … at least it looks that way from space:

Surprisingly, it doesn’t look that different once I reached the surface:

Okay, instead of a “lava world” it is a burning hot place. Not too much of a difference, though.

Now this was an interesting find: natural occurring Sac Venom. Never came across such in all the hundreds of hours of playtime before:

The textures of this planet were extraordinary good. I especially liked the textures of the scorched territory:

And, there be dragons!

Well, what else would you expect on a burning world?
(I didn’t expect that, honestly.)

And even more of a curiosity - a plant with swirling tentacles that are transparent. Never ever saw such a thing before.

Here ends my travel report - at least for now. I’m off to a “real” journey. Whatever “real” means, though.

I’ll come back in two weeks. Stay tuned for more updates. I am nowhere done with my travels in NMS - and hopefully in real life as well. :wink:

15 Likes

Do you use mods ? First time i see these “birds”.

I doubt it…I’ve seen birds like that on PS4 too…but they’re kind of weird…there’d be like three of them flying across the sky and then despawn, and then again a minute or two later…they don’t just fly in circles endlessly like the other creatures so they can be easier to miss.

2 Likes

Yep rather than fluttering about those birds always seem to be going somewhere, theyre pain in the butt to scan at times :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve found them the easiest to identify before they spawn, simply because they’re the only white dot when using your scanner that while consistently move away from you :joy:

I remember thinking I hit a glitch cos i needed one more creature scanned, and it was def a flyer cos I only had one, but had three fish and a bunch land and cave creatures. So I was going towards a floating white dot on the horizon that… Just kept moving away anytime I thought I was close to it.

I did this for thirty minutes before calling my ship at a landing pad (this was vanilla days, not even an exocraft to save me) I stumbled upon, and then flew in the direction of the white dot.

Was those big birds that just fly in the one direction the whole time… You CAN follow them. Just, don’t do it on foot or you’ll be chasing ghost’s :joy:

3 Likes

13 Likes

The Plains of Edison

One of Edison’s larger inhabitants…

Chillin at ‘Todd’s Bar’, serving Albumen Cocktails til late! @toddumptious

15 Likes

Haha I literally built that when I heard you were visiting just so my base wouldn’t be a bunch of biodomes scattered around XD Glad to see you can finally see it, took me hours to get @Mad-Hatter out of the place, he kept saying he was only getting one more pint… Next thing I know we’re buying rounds for a travelling gek troupe passing through, then a lot of “scene missing” and waking up in my undersuit on pride Rock. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

8 Likes

Mixing nip-nip and vodka…never again…
@toddumptious…Let’s just never speak of this again. :nauseated_face:
. :rofl:

7 Likes

Thought this was one of the nicer lookin geks I’ve seen, then I saw their name…

20180626_003256

CAPTAIN BIFROSTUS :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Some places I’ve been:

19 Likes

Wow! Dreamy shots. Makes me want to grab a drink and sit on the beach someplace. :sunrise:

7 Likes

Woohoo! Let’s celebrate! :sunglasses::ok_hand:

9 Likes

10 Likes

Hammerhead Dragon fly by…

15 Likes

Did you run along beside him singing
Dragonborn, Dragonborn by his honor is sworn
To keep evil forever at bay!
And the fiercest foes rout when they hear triumph’s shout
Dragonborn, Dragonborn for your blessing we pray!
:blush:

3 Likes

@sheralmyst As I’m sitting here reading, I am wearing a shirt that has the quotation:
" I used to be an adventurer, then I took an arrow to the knee’.
:grin:

4 Likes

Yeah, me too until someone ‘stole my sweet roll’…so I built a house and stacked my table high in them. :rofl:

4 Likes