No Man’s Sky—Game Details & Investigations: Portals/Seeds, Atlas/Loop16/Emily, Atlas Foundation/Tech, OldGods & More

Maybe “LOOP16 UNEXPECTED ERROR” means…

:bulb: Unexpected error in the computer server. A server owned by Atlas Foundation. Which unintentionally (or intentionally) presents the simulation of No Man’s Sky. A system that has itself assumed the name &/or identity of ‘Atlas’ (as part of the backstory we’re potentially learning through Waking Titan). Meaning it’s become a living creature; of sorts. It’s an experiment gone wrong. It’s malfunctioning. We thus get stuck in the loop of the 256th galaxy. Or another meaning. :thought_balloon:

And perhaps it’s malfunctioning in other ways, too.

But maybe the ‘16’ is there as a clue. To pay attention to the 16 cassettes.

Meaning pay attention right now; in general…
Or simply because at that time, we still hadn’t officially connected the 2 ARGs.

Maybe they were just trying to give us a hint, toward the 2 ARGs being connected.

(then again, maybe not)

And just perhaps…

Waking Titan means Waking Atlas

Meaning No Man’s Sky is improving,
And we’re getting some backstory.

Greek Mythology: Atlas was a Titan.

(this is all speculation, of course)

1 Like

The 16th Galaxy

I personally don’t know if there’s even much information available, on it.

Galaxy 16: Muhacksonto

Here’s a link to sparse user generated details, just in case it helps.

And here’s a list of every single galaxy… All 256…

Can anyone provide more details regarding Galaxy 16?

…Anything particularly stand out?

1 Like

Yes, this is the info I was aware of, and I’m pretty sure most of that was datamined. They got a shorter (but still waaay too long) list just after the game got released. So either datamining or game manipulation through the galaxies.
They did some manual confirmation at least with game manipulation like the negative galaxies, and galaxies beyond 256. And regarding that, someone mentioned they would start over again, well according to these guys, 257 is as unique as the one before it.

According to game data manipulation, the procedural engine can generate up to 256 distinct-looking galaxies (using an 8=bit seed). It was originally believe that galaxies after the 256th would start looking like previously generated ones. However galaxy 257 Yilsrussimil Galaxy appears to be a new and unique galaxy like the previous 256.

Now personally, even 20 galaxies would be more than I’d care to explore but it does suggest that there is more happening with galaxy generation than just some 8bit seed.

2 Likes

Love every bit of it. 16 plays here and there but never directly related or pointed out. Muhack doesn’t stand out for any reason to me other than 16.

From my point of view: Atlas is awake. We’ve had a long chat. Surely not asleep on my watch. So if atlas is a Titan, yet doesn’t sleep, then are we waking Iapetus?
shudder

2 Likes

:astonished: WOW, that is very interesting!

Yilsrussimil is the 257th galaxy in the No Man’s Sky universe.

http://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Yilsrussimil_Galaxy

1 Like

Gamepedia…

I agree with you. Even 1 galaxy is quite a lot, really.

And I must say…

If they literally made an infinite universe… Just WOW! :high_brightness:

1 Like

Why not Prometheus?

Or even worse Menoetius

I do have to agree that Atlas is certainly not sleeping.

So maybe it’s like this. Realistically, if Atlas is deemed creator of No Man’s Sky, then perhaps
Hello Games is the real ‘Atlas’ (in an illustrative disguise, lol)… And by extension, the real Atlas Foundation… If the foundation proves creators of ‘Atlas’.

In this sense, the developers are certainly not sleeping.

So then perhaps…
Waking Titan simply means, a big update is coming guys!
(in an illustrative disguise)

1 Like

Perhaps @CobraTV says it best…

1 Like

It wasn’t a hack, it was a bug with the game. They had their base set right at the edge of the galaxy center, then went through the galaxy center. They tried using a new feature added in Pathfinder update that lets you select your home base star. It selected the corresponding star in the new galaxy, and let them warp to it for some reason, sending them instantly to the center of the new galaxy. It was a post on Reddit, I will try to find it.

3 Likes

That sounds interesting.
Did this happen at the edge of the 256th galactic core?

That bug probably worked in every galaxy, so probably someone used it to traverse 256+ of em.

1 Like

This was the person.

Greetings from the 257th galaxy!

2 Likes

Has anyone found a portal on the 16th Galaxy?

2 Likes

Portal group has yet to study much beyond Hilbert. I mean, there’s a few places to look in Euclid. Two or three :wink:

1 Like

I am currently in Euclid have set up a base not far from a portal, just wasn’t sure I maybe portals would act, or even look different in 16th Galaxy

1 Like