Nms echoes (update discussion)

Ah thats what that update was, I was wondering :slight_smile:

Come ooooooon lets gooooooo- * distant sound of someone falling down the stairs * - oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

2 Likes

Sheeshā€¦went out to wash my car and of course thatā€™s when it droppedā€¦ :sweat_smile:
Going in on PS5

3 Likes

Found some of those new missions mentioned in that ps4/5 update screen, theyā€™re located

planetside in the habitats with landing pad. Not sure if isolated to there but itā€™s where I found mine :slight_smile:

I didnt think to screenshot the first one I found, here is my second.

(taken with windows game bar, it snaps for hdr even though I have it turned off in-game so they come out a bit weird)

6 Likes
2 Likes

Apparently the Autophage have gotten a bit of a makeover, will investigate.

4 Likes

Theyā€™re also a bit bugged, if my head problem you can see in the above video is happening with all of them

4 Likes

Donā€™t know how I didnā€™t notice this. Check your Atlas path tab in your Mission log :eyes:

6 Likes

Makes sense. Hello Games did say that there were a lot more planetside missions.

3 Likes

The full purpose of this is not active yet. Right now its just a loop for creditsā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™d been putting off learning Atlas words on PC anyway, nice to have a new excuse to find em post atlas-path conclusion, look forward to seeing its purpose :slight_smile:

The planetary missions tailored to NPCs climate, personality etc have been somewhat rare for me.

Hereā€™s a good tip for anyone who isnā€™t aware to speed up the search and save on chartsā€¦

Using a settlement chart will only mark a variant once, if you use enough charts and never visit the marked location it canā€™t mark another like it.

So if you do that and only ever visit the minor settlement location that gets marked, every chart you use will always mark a minor settlement on that planet (Assuming its alread marked an observatory, archive, trading posrt, etc).

I use this for tracking down collosal archives in a row too. Pretty much any location really.

Not sure if it matters but I like to do this from within my ship while Iā€™ve landed on the planet, being too airborne might start marking similar locations on a different planet.

4 Likes

Itā€™s really weird that HG havenā€™t put the patch notes on their website yet and Sean hasnā€™t tweeted about the update. I wonder if this is like an ARG thing and we have to solve something in game to unlock the real update? Probably just wishful thinking. Maybe theyā€™ll release the patch notes when the expedition startsā€¦

3 Likes

According to datamining, the free trial starts this weekend with the omega expedition so I would assume patch notes will come with an announcement for the weekendā€¦so maybe Thursday?

4 Likes

The release is somewhat hesitant it seems. Not available on GoG yet, for example. Iā€™m getting the feeling that theyā€™re really afraid of breaking something.

2 Likes
2 Likes

It does kinda feel like maybe someone at Sony didnā€™t get the memo, forgot to pull back on release, then HG scrambled in response and released the rest of the platforms they could push for, before breaking for v day, but Iā€™ve no idea how that shit works outside of my own assumptions.

Its justā€¦ did they fire the cowboy? Itā€™s not right and they need to let me know what happened him :sob:

2 Likes

The name says it all, right? Unless I missed something?

2 Likes

Long time no see folks

Apparently a change in 4.5 update ā€œomegaā€ :
Now we submit wonders in Atlas stations instead of birthing a star.

So far done it 3 times (same galaxy cause thereā€™s no black hole to jump to afterwards)

What if
doing it 16 times direct us to a place of wonders we selected

Iā€™ll keep investigatingā€¦

4 Likes

Any reward for presenting wonders? New text? What happens?

2 Likes

I got some new text then I got repeat text. I also did it 3 times but then stopped.
It seems unfinished?

3 Likes

Well seems as u said unfinishedā€¦
But picture this :
Building a planet (or even better a system) with our own discovered wondersā€¦

3 Likes