NMS and HG Awards

@admins please move this post if needed.

The award nomination is still within 2022 and not specific to Waypoint update.

Posted by NMS FB page

Nominated for Best Game Community. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We donā€™t need an award to tell us what an amazing bunch you all are, but itā€™s cool that you all get the recognition.

8 Likes

Moved it because the old one is now archived

4 Likes
6 Likes

Vote now

3 Likes

Nominations for Steam Awards 2022

Posted by NMS on FB:

50% off on Steam in the Autumn Sale.

And maybe pop a cross in our box for the Steam Awards 2022 while youā€™re there :pray:

5 Likes

No Manā€™s Sky get nominated for Labor of Love every year (which is an achievement in itself!) but it never winsā€¦ :pleading_face:

Iā€™ll be voting for Space Engineers this time round ā€” even though thatā€™s even more hopeless because SE sold only half as many copies as NMS.

Which makes me thinkā€¦ Steam donā€™t reveal how they rank the nominees, do they? Do you think they interpret the voting as it fits their goals (sales)? Are they just happy to remind gamers of NMSā€™s ongoing existence by listing it as nominee every year, and then they award some hip other game instead which will only get this one shot?

I would think, some lowly indie game that manages to attract ā€œx thousand votesā€ is better as some big AAA game that gets ā€œonly x thousand votes even after an expensive marketing campaignā€. Do Steam take such differences into account, or we simply donā€™t know? (And NMS doesnā€™t even fit these categories, itā€™s kinda a big small indie game.) Iā€™m rambling :wink:

5 Likes

I have no idea how Steam operates but, there canā€™t be too many games with millions of players and full support still going after 6 years.

4 Likes

Team Mercury nominated for another award

Posted by HG on LinkedIn

8 Likes

Seriously, thereā€™s so many video game awards nowadays, who can still keep track with them all?

4 Likes