New hints for NMS NEXT

Will we be able to see asteroids from this distance on NEXT?
Are these bigger asteroids that we could land on it?

1 Like

Being cover art it is probably more concept than actual realistic imagery.
There has been hints in the past about landing on asteroids but for now we can only speculate.

2 Likes

i know but… maybe that is too big to see to see from this distance.

1 Like

u forgot to mark this possible gas planet.Screenshot_4

6 Likes

Certainly looks like a gas planet, although the circular object to the left of the top of the Atlas looks sort of like a crater. I’m thinking it is a moon or planet in front but it’s hard to tell.

3 Likes

but gas planets like Jupiter has some circular characteristics toodownload

2 Likes

Yep, good point.
Massive storms on gas planets would be an interesting/deadly encounter in a little starship. :grin:

3 Likes

the problem is that we can’t land on gas planets, maybe they will put some rare resources on the gas planet’s atmosphere so we can colect it in the middle of the storm. that should be cool, but it’s just speculations.

2 Likes

There is actually already a short thread discussing Gas Giants? over here…

1 Like

oh, didn’t see it

Or a giant storm :sunglasses:

3 Likes

one thing I want on this game is to see asteroids from a fair distance so they don’t pop up on my face!:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

There is some talk of new ships but I think the fighters pictured look pretty much the same as the variations we already have. Maybe the one with the wing tip spikes is something I’m not sure I’ve seen on a fighter.
6d36b46fab05a5c83c87334f6685245d5b5e522e_1_366x500%20(2)

2 Likes

Player characters look pretty interesting.
6d36b46fab05a5c83c87334f6685245d5b5e522e_1_366x500%20(3)

3 Likes

That does look like an asteroid grouping in the upper left and it is being seen from the planets’ surface.

1 Like

Is there a chance that that mountain is actually a volcano? :thinking:

1 Like

I’m not sure if the game mechanics will allow for that kind of animation (lava flows and explosions) but an extinct volcano with smoking fissures would certainly be a possible landscape feature.

5 Likes

Volcano is a thing that this game needs, cause it’s very common on planets

1 Like

Yeah those ships on the cover don’t look too different from some of the ships we have now so I wouldn’t take it as confirmation of new ships. Ringed planets are cool, it must mean they got some planets to have proper rings. The planet at the back does kind of look like a gas giant…here’s hoping it serves some purpose or was added on top the number of planets already generated rather than taking away from that.

2 Likes

See I thought the same thing about lava flows and stuff like that in NMS… but then I thought back to Sean Murray mentioning something about a new cloud tech that he was working on…
Now if they do have some type of volumetric cloud tech then maybe just maybe they can use that same volumetric tech to make lava flowing or even water streams…

My tinfoil hat is on lol

7 Likes