Latest Space Missions (& Other Science Stuff)

3 Likes

Moony McMoonface the first, Moony McMoonface the second, … the third etc. Obviously. Can’t even scientistst be trusted to stick to common conventions anymore?? :rofl:

3 Likes

Thing is, the article @sheralmyst quoted was from CBS news.

I was really surprised to discover that Boaty McBoatface was internationally famous.

Britain may only be a small collection of islands, but we punch above our weight when it comes to idiosycratic madness.

1 Like
3 Likes
5 Likes

Yaaaay! Let’s hope they can go through with their plans of launching a crew this year! :slight_smile:

3 Likes
2 Likes

I hear Russia is not too happy…personally, I would take a splash down in the ocean over a hard bounce onto terra firma any day. :grin:

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

I think it is absolutely awesome!

5 Likes

Not really NASA related but very interesting

4 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Getting a laugh out of life

Could be releasing the first ever pic of an event horizon next week

8 Likes

10 April 9 am Eastern livestream

7 Likes

Landing the Beresheet on the moon was not as smooth as hoped for. The main engine cut off a few times during it’s final approach. Communication was eventually completely lost. Last recorded vertical velocity from what I could see was 134.3 m/s, which is roughly 500 km/h or 300 miles/h. The Beresheet can be assumed lost as it crashed into the moon, although still a great historic attempt.

http://www.visit.spaceil.com/

6 Likes

The European Southern Observatory (ESO) released the below video yesterday (April 10th).

This 17-minute film explores the efforts that led to this historic image, from the science of Einstein and Schwarzschild to the struggles and successes of the EHT collaboration.

7 Likes
4 Likes