HG's Next Big Thing

So SM keeps (2 times so far) tweeting these articles. We can keep track of them here. Perhaps they will begin to hint-drop :smile:

8 Likes

“Keeps”? Has he tweeted any others that reference the “next big thing” recently?

1 Like

Well just another article that mentions the next big game they are working on. Just keeping tabs in case he begins to drop any hints.

2 Likes

My prediction/wish list for HG’s next big game:

• A medieval action RPG that uses procedural generation.
  • A city/driving/crime game (like GTA) that uses proc gen.
  • Some kind of dungeon crawler that uses proc gen.
2 Likes

Joe Danger 3 confirmed

4 Likes

After thinking a bit more about it, I now believe that Sean tweeted the GTA meme tweet to remind us that they are still working on something new, right after The Last Campfire released. I don’t think it means we are going to get a reveal of the new project anytime soon.

2 Likes

I took that GTA 5 meme as exactly what it said. People are already hyped for their next big thing. Even if they didn’t see anything yet. So, “shit here we go again”

5 Likes

Agreed .
Hype concerns.

2 Likes
8 Likes

When I think about what people want, and what developers have a hard time doing, my guess is that the ambitious thing they are developing is a proc-gen city game. But really huge cities. Not just a village, or a hand-crafted city with locked doors with nothing behind them… but a huge sprawling city with buildings so incredibly high they reach the clouds and even stem underground.

They employed a guy who makes proc-gen cities/dungeons and as far as I know, I dont think it was confirmed that he did anything for NMS. Right?(id be happy to be wrong if anyone can confirm that)

Second guess: whatever it is, my guess is that the atlas machine(the “real world” one that was left behind by its creator) will be in the game too somewhere.

3 Likes

They made an infinite universe, and then made it an enjoyable game. I can believe this team can do anything, no matter how ambitious.

6 Likes