Frontiers (Updates and Patches)

Yes. There was a large update about the time the Dutchman was speeding up to your door.

3 Likes

Arrrrhhh! Beware the Flying Dutchman!

:pirate_flag:

Sorry :stuck_out_tongue:
Couldn’t resist.

5 Likes

When did glass return to being made out of Frost Crystal?

1 Like

Always was, wasn’t it? At some point, presumably for base building, they made it require much less (but made Living Glass require 5 Glass to compensate). They also added the ability to refine it from Silicate Powder too, but AFAIK the crafting recipe was always still there.

4 Likes

It never changed as far as I know. They just added refining from dirt.

3 Likes

So what was I refining from silicate powder? :sweat_smile: I was so glad it changed cause I had so much…So the blueprint never changed but I have not looked at it in ages because I have just been stuffing silicate into my backpack refiner…

4 Likes

I find that I usually have a whole lot more frost crystal available for making glass than I have silicate. I build with stone (nee concrete) a lot.

1 Like

I was happy when I found that I could refine silicate into glass. I always had a lot of that cluttering my inventory. But then came Frontiers which made bigger builds possible and stone walls that wanted lots of the stuff… Now I am back to renovating my Frostwort farm and strip mining for sand.

5 Likes

28 posts were split to a new topic: Update Speculation

I moved our discussion to a speculation topic so we can keep this one for actual updates.

5 Likes

So the tiny updates are, it seems, related to “Shader pre-caching” in steam settings. It’s a new feature that allows shaders to be downloaded pre-compiled, so your machine doesn’t have to stop and compile them in the middle of a game, causing a stutter.

Does NMS still compiler shaders during the loading screen? I’ve noticed for quite a while that whenever an update occurs, NMS runs like crap and I have to restart the PC to get things working smoothly again. This occurs every update since Vulcan arrived. So maybe this’ll get rid of that, assuming someone out there plays NMS before me and also has a RX480 card.

1 Like

After every major update, I clean out the shaders folder and then start the game even if I won’t play that day. A bit of insurance.

1 Like

They ended shader compiling during load with Vulcan…before that I had to clean out shader cache regularly. This was done especially for AMD users, which I am. I was having a really jerky experience until the large unspecified recent update which I assume was a reinstall of the whole game. Has been fairly smooth since then.
Thanks for info on the tiny updates

1 Like