For Freighter/Frigate Fans (Screenshots)

8 Likes

First time encountering this type of Crashed Freighter salvage, I have only ever had to dig/mine to get to the storage containers, this was a combo of dig/mine and mining beam to remove damaged panels

12 Likes

Very interesting, not seen or heard about that before. Pretty cool actually :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah , a more immersive experience, especially with the alert message “entering structure”. Now to add some random biological horrors popping out, and there’d be lots more fun…

3 Likes

Well, this is kinda baffling. I have never seen this. Was probably added when they updated crashed freighters, but why would it be so rare? Might be a bug in the generation probabilities…

4 Likes

This was added in the November update or something. I got to dig out the patch notes to be sure

4 Likes

I can’t be certain but I think they arrived with next or at least a few patches afterwards, makes it a lot more interesting because some of the rooms have radiation leaks and the containers also leak radiation when you crack em open :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Another Freighter Crash salvage in today’s gameplay with the same combo of dig and or mining beam to remove damaged panels to get to the storage containers.

This time i terrain manipulated and dug out the buried structure in the core salvage area - quite a large and relatively complex in-game object considering the vast majority is buried/hidden.

9 Likes

Hello folks!

I wonder if someone has a portal adress where I could find myself a new freighter!
It’s been ages that I am carrying my old 24 slots C-Class and now that I saved a little units I’d like to buy a new one before Beyond.

So if anyone here has a portal adress for PS4 normal, I’ll take it with pleasure! :smile:

Keep calm and wait for Beyond!:grin:

1 Like

I dunno if freighters work same way as ships with address etc. Can’t be certain though, all I know is a freighter battle event is triggered every few jumps or if x amount of time has passed since Yr last jump, so if freighters are in fact unique to the system they are in, you’d need to time it so the jump that sends you there is also a jump that activates a freighter attack.

Or has that changed since next and you can just land on and buy any freighter now, it’s been so long I’ve forgotten, much apologies :wink:

2 Likes

You will need to warp in, not portal to trigger a battle still, but they are linked to specific systems so coordinates work. You could get them, portal there so it’s discovered- go back through, then waypoint and warp there. No telling the distance needed to travel. Sadly I don’t have any for you :grimacing:

3 Likes

Crazy Freighter crash site, over a portal

12 Likes

Things like that I like to mark and check after 2.0

2 Likes

For sure, i have added a base marker on the hill above and today will place a beacon and com ball at the portal.

The planet is a tropical/bountiful biome with no severe weather/storms, no predator fauna, and the lanscape/terrain is really interesting - mountains/valleys/lakes. So was considering setting up a home base.

1 Like

New save, new freighter

Passing in the night sky

6 Likes

Is it right that the first freighter in the game is free? (No matter the size or class)?
I kinda remember that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

At the moment, yes, it is. Although I’ve never been offered a high value high slot freighter at that point - I’ve only been offered low-class low slot ones. Better than nothing.

I’m not in a position to say you can never be offered a really good one - I can only say I’ve never seen it.

2 Likes

Yes. You will rescue them from pirates and the grateful Captain will offer his Freighter. This starts a series of Freighter Build Quests.

4 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: BEYOND For Freighter/Frigate Fans

I created a new topic for Beyond and merged several recent posts into it:

4 Likes