Falcon heaaaavy!

woops I’ve made that mistake more than once in KSP. Too bad you can’t revert this flight to the launch pad.

5 Likes

I love the way ideas of the past, which were not feasible then, have now become ideas to readdress.
Musk’s vision

Frontiers of Space (1969) one of my favorite possessions

7 Likes

Just seen it! AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3 Likes

Yeah it says it’s to big or something like that … Let’s try again

5 Likes

:+1: worked that time! Still, it was a mostly successful mission and those side boosters landing had me jumping out of my chair!

4 Likes

It was pretty unbelievable, wasn’t it? I thought I must be watching CGI.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve watched that landing countless times by now, it stil looks so awesome. Even though it look almost faker than most sci-fi CGI :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

What an age we live in to witness this stuff. :star_struck:

6 Likes

Was historically awesome!! Shame about the core tho, does anyone know exactly what happend to it?

2 Likes

source: The Verge or the earlier posted video up above.

4 Likes

Lol I have so many bragging rights on this forums.

I’ll see more in my life then you!

Kinda depressing now that I think about it

I’ve taken the liberty to make a semi-retro ‘spaceposter’ with a photo that was made at the launch. I hope they will make some real ones at SpaceX because I don’t have the time (and patience) to make one for myself :wink:

8 Likes

Personally, I plan on living forever. :wink:

2 Likes

I think of all the effort NASA went to equipping the Voyager missions with information about Earth, in case it was found by aliens.

Imagine if what the aliens actually find is Elon Musk’s second-hand car?

4 Likes

Same. If all goes well in 2045 with singularity, and we don’t go extinct, everyone on this forum’s invited to my 1000th birthday party!

3 Likes

Maybe that’s what landed in Area 51 :grin:
A civilization, billions of years ago thought they’d send a hatchback out into space for a lark…

3 Likes

It was very… interesting?.. It did seem to suffer a bit from the NMS bug of planetary features not matching the view from low altitude, though. Corporations exploring space in the name of Humanity it’s creepy AF, imo.

7 Likes

Yup. Avatar, here we come…

5 Likes

This is all very interesting and perplexing. The initial 6 hours after launch were supposed to show off maneuvers for the military. Then he said they overshot the orbit. Now it seems Musk is being called out by people who can’t be so easily fooled. Either something is up or someone doesn’t know what they are talking about. :thinking:Where Is Elon Musk's Space Tesla Actually Going? - The Atlantic

3 Likes

Does anyone know if the car is still visible from earth? I’d love to point a telescope that way and see it.

2 Likes