Extinct Fauna

Xbox 1X - Normal Mode
Almost all of the fauna I discover is listed as extinct in the discovery page, which means no view of the animal or info. This includes new fauna on planets that were previously undiscovered. Not gamebreaking by any means, still annoying - reported of course.

3 Likes

I do not think I encountered that issue yesterday but I am today. PC These 3 creatures are standing right in front of me. Definitely not extinct.

This issue is not interfering with my ability to find new creatures, thank goodness. And I love the added info. Night/Day activity.

Okay, I just discovered this creature that both walks and flies…it has to be new (?) but it is showing as extinct in my list

5 Likes

It’s an insect type, it’s listed on the origins page, very near the bottom. It shouldn’t be extinct though.

Discover giant beetles scuttling across planets and buzzing through the skies, as well as huge, soft-winged butterflies fluttering to land on flora and terrain.

1 Like

Same deal for me with the robot fauna - shouldn’t be extinct type but is.

2 Likes

Query: how do you feed a battery to one of those?

1 Like

No clue - I tried the large and small you can craft, the starship shield battery, unstable plasma and even placing a base computer to place a battery. Couldn’t find any combo in the future grill to make one, but I didn’t try everything, of course. I’m planning to play more with the grill later, as new recipes are supposed to be in there.

1 Like

Me too, I’ve got one creature listed as extinct on the brand new planet that was added to my home system.

2 Likes

I have observed this as well. There were a couple of zoological lists that seemed uncompletable because of it.

2 Likes

Fixed an issue that caused new creatures to be marked ‘Extinct’ when discovered.

3xperimental patch 24/09
Will report back in a bit

UPDATE: They fixed the new creatures from being registered as extinct. Will fly to another planet and check on the extinct creatures appearing.

6 Likes

Planet Zero Dawn Horizon, hah! Also bait type enzyme fluid?

1 Like

Yeah. Will go back and check that enzyme fluid thing.
In the meantime, it seems the creatures that were extinct but alive have been dealt with. Not sure, but it looks like they just removed the extinct category all together. Kinda sad. It was neat having my old discoveries there but this is much simpler and all is working properly now.

UPDATE…ok. it states Enzyme Fluid as bait but still states battery when scanned.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize you were also on Xbox 1, I have S, not X . So much better than PC. I finally got burnt out on upgrades, drivers, edit this, try that, blah,blah blah. I do have the no connection to online services occasionally. But that’s it.

4 Likes

Hmmmm… so as soon as Discovery Services come back up, this issue comes back.
Found this extinct critter very much alive and very much buried deep inside the ground. Not in a cave but buried alive. After digging him up I had only a moment to scan before he vanished…

4 Likes

Just had this issue today as well on PC. Found the last two fauna I needed to complete the planet and they got marked as extinct for some reason, even though they’re swimming around in front of me. Looking forward to seeing a fix!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Goatwright!

2 Likes