D'ni and Rivenese Prepping for Riven

I might have borrowed it from my brother. :wink: I donā€™t recall whether there was a box? The book has cute monster doodles. And itā€™s localised to German. :smirk:

4 Likes

The monster doodles are one of my favorite things in Riven.
Happy cake day @DevilinPixy !

2 Likes

Free demo on Steam

5 Likes

Just played it. Took lots of screens but apparently there is no folder set up for that yetā€¦? None of them savedā€¦There is a nice new feature that allows you to save pics to a journal which has a nice place for typing in notes.
Puzzles tweaked just enough to have me ready for full release. I wonā€™t spoil anything but I managed to make it to the dome. It has several new features and one very surprising event that I do not remember happening in the old gameā€¦ :thinking: It definitely changes how I will be coming back around to the dome in the endā€¦
I will add that I am trying to be kind about the character renderings but,ā€¦rubber bands and those plastic eyes you buy for sock puppets readily comes to mind. Cyan will take a beating for it

3 Likes

I did not expect a demo shortly before release, but I guess they hope to get some testing in?

As much as Iā€™d love to give the demo a try, I Iā€™ll actually pass and go for the full experience once ready.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I am hyped for launch tomorrow. Just wondering if I should get it on Steam or GOG? I think Iā€™ll go with the latter, assuming the digital Artwork and Companion will be available as well.

Also great timing for these to arrive! Even though I have read them all, I am happy to have these for real now.

5 Likes

Hardback? I am jealous. :grin:

2 Likes

Does it help if I make it a spoiler? Yes, all 1st edition hardcovers, which I just couldnā€™t resist purchasing. Was worried when I saw the package, but they just about survived.

The book of Tiā€™ana comes with a really cool map.

Online version (translated):

3 Likes

:smile: The replies made me laugh too

3 Likes

That box looks like it just barely survived the fall of Dā€™ni. Must be genuine linking books. :rofl:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Just woke up. Canā€™t wait to wade in! Think I will have a chai latte to get the brain cells in gear. Have my note book and pencils ready. :eye_in_speech_bubble: :thought_balloon: :face_with_monocle:

4 hoursā€¦

4 Likes

Ooh, that triggered a memory. I have the first one, Das Buch Atrus! The price tag is in ā‚¬, so I must have gotten it after 2002. (Donā€™t ask me why itā€™s in German, 20 years ago I was already capable of reading Englishā€¦) In the games, the mystery is a purposeful choice, but I liked that these books provide more background info.

PS: +1 on the chai latte :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Anyone else sitting and staring at the store? So weird there is not even a price on Steam

3 Likes

Iā€™m not buying it right away, My PC doesnā€™t fulfil the min specsā€¦ but late next month, I plan to get that GPU and CPU upgrade (ryzen 9) that I skipped buying when rtx graphic cards where stupid expensive. Anything I buy now will be spectacularly better than my 8(?)-years-old setupā€¦

4 Likes

I bought a bundle. Considerably better than what I had but not the latest. Ryzen 7 5700 8 core so I should be okay. Radeon RX 6700 and 31GB RAM. Not quite rec specs but above min specs however, the demo ran smooth as butter
Apparently Steam is stuck?
Its up! Go go go!!!

4 Likes

Got the full package, DeLuxe on GOG, hereā€™s to hoping my neighbourhood is not ruining the immersion. Considering the amount of orange I see, very likely :rofl:

Wow, I am so fast, the game doesnā€™t even know itself yet!

4 Likes

I am not off to the best start. I cannot move no matter what I do. Did not have this issue in the demo. Had to restart
Ummmmā€¦only a few minutes in and I do not know where I am. :open_mouth: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

No spoilers. Just pretty pics. Well, maybe a mild spoiler or two
Weeeeeee!!!

Bathing Beauties

A New Perspective

Just Peeking

What Is This?

A Dagger in the Jungle

Someplace New

The ending is never truly written.

That was a joy!
I still have 6 achievements to unlockā€¦hmmmā€¦